Shimmy, between 40 and 50 mph while accelerating.

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For the T3, does anyone else get a vibration/shimmy when accelerating between around 40 and 50 mph, like when merging onto the freeway. There's definitely some resonance mode vibration going on...

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
For the T3, does anyone else get a vibration/shimmy when accelerating between around 40 and 50 mph, like when merging onto the freeway. There's definitely some resonance mode vibration going on...
check that you don't have lane departure warning on, I find I get some shimmy on the STEERING WHEEL not necessarily at the Wheels.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd also check to make sure your lug nuts are tight. That's probably not the problem, but it's easy to check, and it would really suck if that was the issue and a wheel falls off.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
A lot of people have experienced this - it's how the Model 3 warns you when you are departing your lane (vibration in the steering wheel). You can turn it off in the settings menu.

Other than that, the Model 3 is the smoothest, most vibration free car I've ever driven. It's like gliding on ice.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A lot of people have experienced this - it's how the Model 3 warns you when you are departing your lane (vibration in the steering wheel). You can turn it off in the settings menu.

Other than that, the Model 3 is the smoothest, most vibration free car I've ever driven. It's like gliding on ice.
Hmmm, I'll check that, thanks. Yes, overall incredibly smooth ride!