Service Bulletins - Real or Imagined

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm wondering if we can help each other with highlighting any additional work that appears on a service write-up or service estimate that isn't something we asked for but was added free of charge, like this when all I wanted was a new set of tires:

Concern: Replace Charge Port Pin Deadfronts
Correction: Replace Charge Port Insulator Pins With Updated Parts

It may also help to identify a relative VIN # or when your car was made. For me, 021XXX and May 2018.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm wondering if we can help each other with highlighting any additional work that appears on a service write-up or service estimate that isn't something we asked for but was added free of charge, like this when all I wanted was a new set of tires:

Concern: Replace Charge Port Pin Deadfronts
Correction: Replace Charge Port Insulator Pins With Updated Parts

It may also help to identify a relative VIN # or when your car was made. For me, 021XXX and May 2018.
Mobile made this same repair to my P last week. VIN#100xxx, 9/18.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you ask them about this? Is there an issue with the original parts causing charging problems?

Ski
I have had no issues, but apparently many cars with the original pins are experiences issues over time. It appears that Tesla is replacing these pins as they encounter them on other service issues.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you ask them about this? Is there an issue with the original parts causing charging problems?

Ski
some people have had the plastic surrounding the charge port crack or break off leaving bare metal. for those that have had the plastic crack, it can get in the way of the pins aligning and able to properly connect

FYI @Kizzy

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
However they’re just replacing these (of their own volition) in addition to other service calls or mobiles even if they’re not cracked?

Ski