Question Sentry mode and remote climate control triggers alarm

Country
Country
On hot days, I find that turning on climate remotely sets off the car alarm when sentry is triggered. Pretty annoying to say the least. Anyone run into this problem, and if so, did you find an underlying reason? Thanks.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On hot days, I find that turning on climate remotely sets off the car alarm when sentry is triggered. Pretty annoying to say the least. Anyone run into this problem, and if so, did you find an underlying reason? Thanks.
In my car, Sentry is on 100% when away from home, and turn on climate remotely nearly daily and have never had the alarm go off. My work parking lot has a ton of foot traffic past my car, so generally have 10-20 sentry triggers a day, and know some are shortly after remotely starting the climate control.
If this is something you have had happen multiple times, under the exact same conditions, without another reason for the alarm to be triggered (and by alarm I assume you mean the actual alarm and not just Sentry being triggered and recording), contact service as something is off.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just a SWAG, but maybe the HVAC system coming on suddenly at full blast is generating enough noise/vibration to set off the alarm? We've had reports of a passing motorcycle, truck or fighter jet doing the same.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had my Sentry Mode alarm trigger twice in the same underground parking. Once the alarm actually went off and second time got a notification but no actual alarm was triggered. It's a bit muggy down there but not hot. Still don't know why it happened after talking to service department?? Anyone have any thoughts???

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had my Sentry Mode alarm trigger twice in the same underground parking. Once the alarm actually went off and second time got a notification but no actual alarm was triggered. It's a bit muggy down there but not hot. Still don't know why it happened after talking to service department?? Anyone have any thoughts???
Did you watch all the dashcam videos from those events?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
if you were on one of the elevated floors (anything other than the lowest level), it probably was triggered by another larger vehicle rattling the floor.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you check your Sentry Mode recordings after those incidents to see if they captured a passing truck or motorcycle that may have triggered the alarm?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you watch all the dashcam videos from those events?

Yes I did. And saw nothing out of the ordinary. The guy parked next to me heard my alarm and told me a few days later. Asked him then because saw him in the video looking around both cars.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you check your Sentry Mode recordings after those incidents to see if they captured a passing truck or motorcycle that may have triggered the alarm?

Yes I did. And saw nothing out of the ordinary. The guy parked next to me heard my alarm and told me a few days later. Asked him then because I saw him in the video looking around both cars.

Country
Country
Spoke with service and was told it's a known issue and would be patched in a future firmware release. Not sure if I should take the advisor at their $0.02, but at least they're aware of it.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same situation. I was sitting on my front porch, outside temp mid-90* F. Car was parked outside 30 min. Inside temp indicated 110*F on the remote app. I remotely turned on climate control; car 15 feet away from me. As I was changing the temp setting from "low" to something higher, the alarm activated.