Seeking PNW person with configurable Model 3 you don't plan to use

sabonis

Country
Country
Hi,

I'm located in Portland and am seeking someone, preferably semi local to me, with a Model 3 reservation you don't plan to use that can be configured today.

If you fit these parameters, shoot me a PM.

Thanks

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi,

I'm located in Portland and am seeking someone, preferably semi local to me, with a Model 3 reservation you don't plan to use that can be configured today.

If you fit these parameters, shoot me a PM.

Thanks
Interesting request Sabonis. There are some 100,000 people who reserved almost two years ago and are politely waiting until Tesla invites them to configure. Is there a really good reason that you feel the need to skip ahead everyone in line or are you just trying to game the system?

sabonis

Country
Country
I have two reservations. One from day one. Simply looking to move up if possible. People are doing it. People on this forum. Feel free to dislike/judge me.

Interesting request Sabonis. There are some 100,000 people who reserved almost two years ago and are politely waiting until Tesla invites them to configure. Is there a really good reason that you feel the need to skip ahead everyone in line or are you just trying to game the system?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
that is 400-500k you mean

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Eh, doesn’t hurt to try. Might get a little side eye but I’m sure you understand that.
Did you try TMC? I’ve seen more of this there. (Not trying to be rude, just trying to up your success chance)

sabonis

Country
Country
Ya, I expected some snarky/rude replies, so I’m not shocked.
I haven’t tried TMC yet. I actually found someone local to me who was going to do it for cheap, but once I explained the process, he said he wanted to see if any of his friends wanted it, and someone did. :(

Thanks for an actual response.

Eh, doesn’t hurt to try. Might get a little side eye but I’m sure you understand that.
Did you try TMC? I’ve seen more of this there. (Not trying to be rude, just trying to up your success chance)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
For $100k, I'd easily be able to buy a configurable Model 3 reservation tonight.
Sabonis, sorry to say, yet this is an odd request, for reasons already outlined above. And, frankly, here you didn’t get snarky/rude, IMHO, merely ironic...
Finally, for $100k, or less, you could get a used Model 3 on eBay... have you tried that?

sabonis

Country
Country
The 100k response was hyperbole to the guy who asked for someone to buy him a model 3. I said I'd gladly buy him a Model 3 if he wired me 100k.

Sabonis, sorry to say, yet this is an odd request, for reasons already outlined above. And, frankly, here you didn’t get snarky/rude, IMHO, merely ironic...
Finally, for $100k, or less, you could get a used Model 3 on eBay... have you tried that?

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
The 100k response was hyperbole to the guy who asked for someone to buy him a model 3. I said I'd gladly buy him a Model 3 if he wired me 100k.
Got that. My point was also there are cheaper cars on e-Bay. Heck even on this forum if you wish to hurry... ;)

sabonis

Country
Country
Ya, I feel ya. There are some decent deals on eBay and a few jokers trying to sell them for $80k on craigslist... Lol.

I'm looking to configure my own, so I get the tax credit. I have a Dec - Feb estimate, so it'll happen eventually, just looking to move up.

Got that. My point was also there are cheaper cars on e-Bay. Heck even on this forum if you wish to hurry... ;)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I think you missed the point that @sabonis is not looking to buy a car for $100k..
Not really since I was referring to cheaper cars... @Bryan@Peachstate Detail sells his for $60 grand... ;)

Ya, I feel ya. There are some decent deals on eBay and a few jokers trying to sell them for $80k on craigslist... Lol.
I'm looking to configure my own, so I get the tax credit. I have a Dec - Feb estimate, so it'll happen eventually, just looking to move up.
If I understood correctly (sorry for my overseas ignorance), you cannot get the tax credit on a 'used' car. However since you are an early reservation holder, you should not have to wait much longer and then you'll be smack into full tax territory time, which most expect to last through September. You should come out ok.

sabonis

Country
Country
Ya, you are correct about not getting the tax credit on a used car. I'm not too worried about not getting the full tax credit for my day-1 reservation, just looking to order as soon as possible.

I appreciate you cleaning things up as well. :)

Not really since I was referring to cheaper cars... @Bryan@Peachstate Detail sells his for $60 grand... ;)

If I understood correctly (sorry for my overseas ignorance), you cannot get the tax credit on a 'used' car. However since you are an early reservation holder, you should not have to wait much longer and then you'll be smack into full tax territory time, which most expect to last through September. You should come out ok.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@sabonis , good luck with your order when you get the invite. Also, our other mod friend @garsh took care of the cleaning while I was actually doing some real work (;)) so all the credit should go to him!
We're a close-knit team... :cool: