Seeing Model 3 in Tesla Stores (NA only for now)

Gorillapaws

Country
Country
There was a lot of news regarding the expansion of the Model 3 Display Fleet in the first couple weeks of February in the US. The next few weeks have been quiet about this in the press, until recently they're showing up in Canada now. Has Tesla been expanding the fleet this whole time (but the press simply doesn't care about every new store) or are the display Model 3's still limited to a very small subset of Tesla showrooms? If so, any thoughts on when you think we'll start seeing them in some of the smaller Tesla stores?

mdfraz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not aware of one in Kansas City yet either; they told me they'd call when they got one so I could come take a look as a reservation holder.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Boston *used to* have one, but no longer does. Not only are showroom Model 3s in limited supply, they are being moved around.

Veloaudio

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Anyone have experience in the NYC Meatpacking store? I'm going to be in the city this week and I want to stop by the store on Friday. Can I make an appointment or is just stopping by going to be OK (no line, etc).

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I search the news every Friday for reports of new ones in showrooms. Columbus OH just got one, but certainly wasn’t prominently mentioned. I believe that is currently the closest to Pittsburgh. Really wished I had happened upon the fairly large shipment that came in at Wexford last month. What I would really like to see is a comparison of colors. I know I can see them on the model S, but I really think the colors present differently on each model.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Corte Madera, CA store just got a red Model 3 today. I stopped by just before 5 pm and there were only two parties ahead of me and my wife waiting to sit in the car. We were only allowed 5 minutes of seat time.

Having the "speedometer" on the top-left corner of the display didn't seem like a problem to me, but I'm kind of used to it with my Prius.

I played around with the ventilation a bit and it's pretty slick. My wife, who was in the back seat, said she could feel the air. Also, the fan noise didn't seem any worse than on our current cars.

I can see how using the smallish inside rearview mirror to look out the rear window may be a bit tricky. Good thing there's the rear camera.

My wife thought the rear seats were very comfortable. She had no trouble operating the outside door handle but, when it came time for her to exit, I had to point out the inside release button to her!

Overall, the car is stunning and I can't wait to get mine! I'm planning to go back in a couple of weeks for more seat time and, hopefully, they'll have dispensed with the time restrictions by then.

Last edited:

Stream3

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Columbus car really knocked me out. MS looks so rich and deep in color. It's so good, I may change from black. I got inside and just grinned. This felt like a driver's car. I'm 6'2 and the front seats felt very comfortable, like a good fitting pair of jeans, and the rear seats provide ample room as well. Glass roof is a mind bender. Plenty of headroom. Absolutely cool. Fit looked fine to me, but I wasn't looking for issues, I was looking for validation on my decision to purchase this amazing EV. Check. In spades.

Soda Popinski

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Making a left onto my street yesterday, saw a Model 3 turning off my street. I suspect it's the house with the pair of Chevy Volts. I might have to go meet the neighbors...

Edit: Introduced myself to the new Model 3 owner on the block while walking the dog. Nice guy, but unlike in my fantasy, he didn't invite me to come by later for a drive.

Incidentally, I drive a Volt, which my next door neighbor liked so much, he got a Volt, then his wife got one, and my other next door neighbor liked ours and got one, and her next-next door neighbor got a Volt. Maybe when I get that Model 3, I'll see another domino effect.

Anyway, here's a shot of the one at Century City Mall, where I placed my reservation a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Country
Country
Hello All:
I was fortunate enough to receive an invitation today. I'm personally torn between the midnight silver and blue. I had a fellow reservation holder ask if I knew the colors of the vehicles on display, and where they are. I had to admit I didn't. I did a quick search and didn't find a thread here. So I thought we should start to compile a list of the colors and what stores have a M3 on display so that if we happen to be travelling, we can try and see it in person. I will volunteer some locations I have found in video's online. If somebody wants to make a great google spreadsheet like we have for reservation data, feel free.

Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Center, Ontario - Red
Vancouver, BC - Red
Montreal Quebec - White

boriszima

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Canoga Park, California just got their Tesla model 3 on April 27th. It is in red with 19 inch wheels. Tesla rep sat in passenger seat with phone with timer of 2 minutes. Invites went out to local (Tesla owners?) so very few people there when I got there. I did not look at Vin, just sat played with electronics and AC and checked out trunk which was deep with ok size opening.

Runt8

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
A Model 3 has arrived at the Cherry Creek showroom in Denver. I arrived around 11:15 and only had 4 people in line in front of me. The salesperson said they expected it to get extremely crowded later in the day and over the weekend.

Attachments

Country
Country
The Tesla Store in San Francisco has a Midnight Silver Model 3 w/sport wheels on display. Apparently they received it some time in March. I was in there to pick up my 3 after a few days of servicing to address some things. The showroom wasn't open to the public yet so I didn't get a chance to poke around or note the VIN.