Seeing Model 3 in Tesla Stores (NA only for now)

Country
Country
Portland Oregon, today, Washington Square Tesla store expects Model 3 arrival November-December. Cindy was told in person that we would be called for a test drive. We reserved/paid $1k day one of online reservation and figure our car will be available December-February. As of right now, we want to buy a first arrival Model 3 with all the bells and whistles (read as: want the tax credits fed $7500 + Oregon $2500, oh boy!). Looking forward to seeing if I will actually fit into the compact car, as I (Steve) am large economy sized. Thinking blue with cream/tax...

Last edited by a moderator:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Portland Oregon, today, Washington Square Tesla dealer expects Model 3 arrival November-December. Cindy was told in person that we would be called for a test drive. We reserved/paid $1k day one of online reservation and figure our car will be available December-February. As of right now, we want to buy a first arrival Model 3 with all the bells and whistles (read as: want the tax credits fed $7500 + Oregon $2500, oh boy!). Looking forward to seeing if I will actually fit into the compact car, as I (Steve) am large economy sized. Thinking blue with cream/tax...
The catch ... you may have ordered (locked in a non refundable $3,500) your car before it comes in for the test drive.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Portland Oregon, today, Washington Square Tesla store expects Model 3 arrival November-December. Cindy was told in person that we would be called for a test drive. We reserved/paid $1k day one of online reservation and figure our car will be available December-February. As of right now, we want to buy a first arrival Model 3 with all the bells and whistles (read as: want the tax credits fed $7500 + Oregon $2500, oh boy!). Looking forward to seeing if I will actually fit into the compact car, as I (Steve) am large economy sized. Thinking blue with cream/tax...
the good news for you is the Model 3 is not a compact car :) it is a large car.

ETA: I also think there will be traveling Model 3s coming around prior to them landing in the stores

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I'm like you Steve - not petite - and I share the same concern. I was planning to look into the S but my wife sat in an X last weekend and said, "I look good in this." So, I'm guessing the X is now our backup car. Hopefully, the 3 will suffice.

Friedrich

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the good news for you is the Model 3 is not a compact car :) it is a large car.

ETA: I also think there will be traveling Model 3s coming around prior to them landing in the stores
Yeah, the size of any car is an issue for me. I'm 6'6 and have legs a supermodel would be envious of (the length, not the shape of course ;)). The other day I compared the Model 3 specs to my Mitsubishi Outlander. For American standards that's not a totally large car, but for European standards it huuuge. And what can I tell you? Model 3 is 1 Millimeter (or 0,0393701 inches) shorter than my Outlander. So I'm very positive it'll fit me...

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand Tesla wants to delay putting Model 3 in showrooms so they can continue to anti-sell the car until it is readily available, but there are hundreds of thousands of reservation holders that really need to see one to make decisions before they order.

I'm hoping Tesla at least makes M3s available to reservation holders possibly at service centers or hidden somewhere well before they are publicly placed in showrooms.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
They will certainly put *some* cars into showrooms but I think it will be phased in based on their delivery schedule. California first, then moving east. Makes no sense to have them in showrooms 6 months in advance if buyers can't pull the trigger right away, they're still trying to push Model S and X at every opportunity.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understant Tesla wants to delay putting Model 3 in showrooms so they can continue to anti-sell the car until it is readily available
If they get to the beginning of Feb '18 and are sitting at 190K US deliveries, you can bet they will divert plenty of Model 3's to showrooms to avoid hitting #200K until April 1.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If they get to the beginning of Feb '18 and are sitting at 190K US deliveries, you can bet they will divert plenty of Model 3's to showrooms to avoid hitting #200K until April 1.
I think you have the wrong quarter. They should be very close by end of Q4 and likely only not past it because of an intentional hold.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Thats all very well and good, however Europe will be far far behind you guys.

I plan to fly to the first country/store I hear of in Europe that has one, just to see it!
I think we'll be lucky if there is one before end 1Q18, my guess more during 2Q. Showing this beauty in T≡SLA Stores is bound to have an enormous boost effect on reservations!!