Seat Separation issue

mtdoak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, picked up my Tesla on Tuesday, Today I noticed that on the drivers side, the plastic has pulled away from the seat

Controls are all still functional. What appears to have happened is there is a plastic clip that holds this the this trim so seat has broken and it is not out of place, pushing the plastic trim out. All the seat controls are still functional.

I am a big guy (6'2'' and typically wear 3XL shirts) so I'm sure my weight played a part in it. That being said, I'm hoping this is a one time fix and not something we have to keep coming back to. My nearest service center is 2 hours away. They have ordered the parts and will be scheduling mobile service once they are in.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Immediately went to look at mine, so far so good. Thank you for posting and hope they get this fixed quickly for you.

Mods, do we have a thread (or would there be value to one) that is just links to early owner issues for new owners to then visit and look for? Might help, but maybe not...I don’t know... thoughts?

Example:

Seat separation:
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/seat-separation-issue.6548/#post-91030
Side mirror separation:
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/side-mirror-trim-panels-separating.6156/

Or coded so the topic is a link, I’m just lazy and not the best at it (you’d laugh at me if I told you how long it took me to do my signature) so I didn’t do it in my example.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have noticed the plastic separating from the base on the passenger seat, but if it push it, it goes clicks back into place. I wonder if they can fix this without taking it out? How do I call for Ranger service? or do you just call for service and they decide?
IMG_0357.JPG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have noticed the plastic separating from the base on the passenger seat, but if it push it, it goes clicks back into place. I wonder if they can fix this without taking it out? How do I call for Ranger service? or do you just call for service and they decide?
View attachment 9262
Call Tesla and have them replace the seat, its covered under warranty. They will make it right.

mtdoak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did they change the whole seat??

View attachment 9261
Yeah they did.

View attachment 9262
I called my local service center. Took them about a month to get a seat in stock. I've noticed even my new seat separates like this. (I can click it back on). On my previous seat, I could push it back in but it wouldn't click. As I kept using it, the clip got wedged between the frame and pushed it out (see the big gap).

I'm a big dude (6'2'' and wear 3XL shirts) so that is part of it. I think i'm going to see if i can wedge something between the base of the seat and the door frame to give that base extra support.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Call Tesla and have them replace the seat, its covered under warranty. They will make it right.
Just called. They are gonna have mobile service call me on Monday. He said it should just be the trim piece as there is just 3 clips there. Then I mentioned the A pillar trim...he had no idea there was a bowing issue with those

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah they did.

I called my local service center. Took them about a month to get a seat in stock. I've noticed even my new seat separates like this. (I can click it back on). On my previous seat, I could push it back in but it wouldn't click. As I kept using it, the clip got wedged between the frame and pushed it out (see the big gap).

I'm a big dude (6'2'' and wear 3XL shirts) so that is part of it. I think i'm going to see if i can wedge something between the base of the seat and the door frame to give that base extra support.
Did you get v2 seat or a v1 seat?

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks identical to my current seat. I wouldnt be shocked if this was pulled from another model 3 somewhere. I called the local sc after a month and it got escalated . Part came in within a week after that .
Did they say why the seat had to be changed? Or course thr ranger would know more but the guy on the phone was very knowledgeable about what needed to be done and that my seat would not need to come out.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Did they say why the seat had to be changed? Or course thr ranger would know more but the guy on the phone was very knowledgeable about what needed to be done and that my seat would not need to come out.
Reading stuff like this reminds me of the two classic cars I used to keep in show condition.

Always puttering with some little thing.........