• Total voters

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I'd expect not only leather but cloth and the Model X "vegan" synthetic white leather. That last one is reportedly incredibly soft and indistinguishable from leather. It's also stain resistant.

As long as the leather or "vegan" leather is as soft as the nice premium leather in my 2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited or 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC....then I'll be a happy customer!! I can't do cheap leather, and I know Tesla doesn't do "cheap" things. Guess I'll need to read up on the "vegan" leather. And yeah, even at 15+ years and 19+ years...the leather in the two cars I mention is in beautiful condition.

Supposedly the Model S refresh will be getting the Cooled seats of the Model X...maybe by then we will have that option for the model3. I would really like Tesla to put a rear seat fold down armrest in the S and 3

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Supposedly the Model S refresh will be getting the Cooled seats of the Model X...maybe by then we will have that option for the model3. I would really like Tesla to put a rear seat fold down armrest in the S and 3
This is pretty much expected soon.

Cooled leather seats are awesome, it's like having ice water poured down your back
I have heated and cooled seats in my Lincoln but I hardly ever use the cooling. Heat on the other hand, all the time because you know, Canada.

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Interestingly the new Model S update didnt appear to get the latest seats from the Model X -- no cooling yet.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
... not really mate!

Outback gets hot, but it is fairly dry heat.

Western suburbs of Sydney can get 40+ degrees Celsius with high humidity.

Anyway, cooled seats would certainly be appreciated in both locations!
We know "Dry Heat" in Southern California too. It just happens 6 months different from when you guys get it.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've been to Perth. It's cooler than Palm Springs. If the car in question is NOT an EV, I wouldn't buy black leather seats in that heat.

However, even without cooled seats, EVs have the benefit of being able to be pre-cooled or pre-heated (it's called pre-conditioning) without polluting the environment.

See below (it's in Fahrenheit)

Hot out? You can always pre-condition the car so that it's cooler when you get in... @teslamotors Model S
by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Most places use this for heating, in Southern California, we do it for cooling.It's more efficient to do it when the car is plugged into a power source, but fully capable of doing it without being plugged in.

I've been to Perth. It's cooler than Palm Springs. ou can always pre-condition the car so that it's cooler when you get in... @teslamotors Model S by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Most places use this for heating, in Southern California, we do it for cooling.It's more efficient to do it when the car is plugged into a power source, but fully capable of doing it without being plugged in.
I was only kidding in the above Dennis - I know that California has recently suffered under drought and heat just like Australia has done in the past. I find the constant breaking of new heat records all around the world very unsettling.

... and yes, I LOVE the A/C pre-cooling that is possible with the Tesla cars! I mentioned elsewhere that a CLEAN ventillation system and powerful A/C is one of the things I really look forward to in the Model 3...

Last edited:

xxZULAxx

Country
Country
I was only kidding in the above Dennis - I know that California has recently suffered under drought and heat just like Australia has done in the past. I find the constant breaking of new heat records all around the world very unsettling.

... and yes, I LOVE the A/C pre-cooling that is possible with the Tesla cars! I mentioned elsewhere that a CLEAN ventillatio system and powerful A/C is one of the things I really look forward to in the Model 3...
Well, here in Arizona we appreciate dry heat as well. I also had vehicle with cooled seats and I have to say it is worth it.