Scuffs on Bumper bummer

Greetings.. coming up to my 1 yr anniversary with "Carmen", I seem to have been subjected to a "winter memory" of some abrasions on the passenger side front bumper. Hard to be seen, however like many owners, I feel it! Any suggestions or experiences in rectifying this issue as a DIY? Thanks so much.

Attachments

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As Jason says - easy to have a body shop do it and it's invisible.

DIY will be a lot cheaper but have to consider that doing it properly will involve sanding, possibly filling, priming, painting, feathering polish, clear coat, and polishing.

If you want a near-invisible job tesla sells the paint chip kit so you know the oem paint will match, but it might not be mirror smooth as the filler paint is not designed to fill big gouges like that...it may take multiple applications and it will never be exactly right.
https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-s_x_3-paint-repair-kit.html
I have this kit for a few rock chips but have been waiting for nice-enough weather. They say it should cure for 2 weeks before seeing freezing temperatures and...Canada.

As Jason says - easy to have a body shop do it and it's invisible.

DIY will be a lot cheaper but have to consider that doing it properly will involve sanding, possibly filling, priming, painting, feathering polish, clear coat, and polishing.

If you want a near-invisible job tesla sells the paint chip kit so you know the oem paint will match, but it might not be mirror smooth as the filler paint is not designed to fill big gouges like that...it may take multiple applications and it will never be exactly right.
Thanks for your info.. On the fence, but may try the OEM Paint method first.. it really is in an area that's not gonna haunt me daily. Thanks again.