Screen Protector

Lightrod

Country
Country
Any one use the Amazon 9H screen protector? Looks like its the same part that others are selling for 3x higher:

Just ordered. Any one use a humidifier in their car during install. I've had terrible experiences trying to do cell phone protectors in the past. Will watch a few videos.
Yes, I order and installed one from them. It is working well. After installing I thought the corners on one side could have been a little closer to the edge but have not noticed it since I installed it.

I did not use a humidifier. I turned off the air because I did want dust floating around. I put the screen in wipe mode, cleaned with the supplied wipes, positioned the screen saver, taped the top edge with a few pieces of painters tape, lifted it up to remove the rear film, used the dust stickers and carelfully check for in specks of dust, and layed protector back down slowly pressing it against the screen moving out from the top center out, then remove the tape pulling up to the top edge. I have used this method on several tablets in the past and it worked out well.

TheHairyOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Lightrod thanks you’ve given me some confidence. I see the same edge comments from others that paid ~$50 from other vendors so I’m confident it’s the same MFG.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have had an AO matte film screen protector on my car for almost a year and have been pretty pleased with it( a few air bubbles I can't get rid of). Now it's time to accessorize my wife's new M3. She has decided that she wants clear, not matte. I'm leaning toward AO tempered glass for her, but I'm not sure of the pros and cons. What does glass provide that the film does not? The price difference is too small to be a factor, but what justifies the small additional expense? Anyone with experience with both want to weigh in? Thanks.

OneSixtyToOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have had an AO matte film screen protector on my car for almost a year and have been pretty pleased with it( a few air bubbles I can't get rid of). Now it's time to accessorize my wife's new M3. She has decided that she wants clear, not matte. I'm leaning toward AO tempered glass for her, but I'm not sure of the pros and cons. What does glass provide that the film does not? The price difference is too small to be a factor, but what justifies the small additional expense? Anyone with experience with both want to weigh in? Thanks.
I've used both film and glass (matte). I currently have a glass one (the film one was accidentally remove by the service center, thinking it was the factory installed one).
I prefer the glass for the following reasons:
  • Easier install
  • No bubbles

Cintoman

I have the AO 9H Glass protector on my screen. I prefer the glass because of the much less likelihood of bubbles underneath, but I also don't like how the matte film doesn't make the screen as sharp. Yeah, the glass might have reflections issues, but to me, the reflections very rarely bother me.

--Cintoman

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Having used glass protectors and film protectors (not these specific ones)...
plastic tends to grab your finger and be high friction. Glass feels like factory screen.