Screen Protector

airbutchie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Contact them, their customer support is great, and they would be able to assess if you need to start over. Some bubbles may go away after a few days, but the trapped particles will be an issue.
I'll call first thing tomm...

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just installed mine today. Had no problems until I began to remove the final exterior plastic and removed the entire protector. So I peeled off the whole thing and started over. No problem. So I think you can remove and try again. A few hints. Turn off climate control so any dust isn't flying about. Clean screen thoroughly with provided cloth, or glasses cleaning cloth. Spritz and reclean with eyeglass solution, then dab any remaining lint off with scotch tape. After applying the screen protector use the card and/or eyeglass cloth to patiently squegee all bubbles from center to nearest edge. Don't remove the outer plastic until you are happy with the result. Some after plastic removal touch-up is possible using the Eyeglass cloth by itself or covering the squegee card. Good luck!!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a matte screen protector on Amazon. The quality is very bad. There were some bubbles after a few days. Just order a new one. Hope this will work fine.

airbutchie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
UPDATE: So after a day of warm SoCal weather (92 degrees), most of the bubbles have disappeared while the car was parked outside my office... I still see the two dust particles stuck inside when the screen is off, but they disappear once the screen turns on... The two bubbles are now dime size diameter... But they're not in locations that are distracting, so I'm happy about that...

The matte screen is great and reduces the reflections I would get while viewing it at certain angles...

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a matte screen protector on Amazon. The quality is very bad. There were some bubbles after a few days. Just order a new one. Hope this will work fine.
Yeah it's not worth the hassle and aggravation for the cheap and/or plastic ones.

Get the AO 9H Glass Screen Protector...super easy install because it's rigid and won't scratch like the plastic films.

I love the Matte finish! Almost ZERO fingerprint or glare and still plenty sharp....Prob the best accessory I've installed on my 3 yet. :D

https://www.abstractocean.com/9H-Model3/

d792465c-ce1f-41ef-999a-9cb73950f342-jpeg.15199

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried installing the Abstract Ocean (https://www.abstractocean.com/9H-Model3/) matte glass screen protector last weekend but broke it :(

I had it affixed along the top edge with the included orange adhesive strips and pulled a bit too hard while trying to adjust the position. Glass basically shattered across 30% of it, but the outer film was still attached, so the mess was contained.

Be careful! :)

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried installing the Abstract Ocean (https://www.abstractocean.com/9H-Model3/) matte glass screen protector last weekend but broke it :(

I had it affixed along the top edge with the included orange adhesive strips and pulled a bit too hard while trying to adjust the position. Glass basically shattered across 30% of it, but the outer film was still attached, so the mess was contained.

Same thing with my first Abstract Ocean 9H as well. Mine was the clear version and the surface is so slick (a good thing!) that the tape didn’t stick (a bad thing!) and when I lifted up the bottom to peel off the liner the top detached from the tape and broke when it fell on the console.
I bought another one and after attaching the 3 pieces of included tape I also used a 12” piece of painters tape along the entire top hinge plus 3 additional pieces of painters tape over the top of the hinge front to back. Then I could tilt it up, wipe the screen again and remove the liner. I lowered it in place, pushed out a few big bubbles and left a couple of really small stubborn ones. They were gone overnight so don’t overwork the really small ones. Try just gentle pressure with your fingertip over the small bubble for 30 seconds or so. Got rid of some for me.
AO is a great company with awesome shipping and customer support. Highly recommended. DISCLAIMER: I have bought pretty well everything they sell for the 3 :)

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you contact AO and let them know you screwed up the installation and want to try again, they will give you a code to buy a replacement for half price. They were kind enough to do this for me...twice.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you contact AO and let them know you screwed up the installation and want to try again, they will give you a code to buy a replacement for half price. They were kind enough to do this for me...twice.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll give that a try.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah it's not worth the hassle and aggravation for the cheap and/or plastic ones.

Get the AO 9H Glass Screen Protector...super easy install because it's rigid and won't scratch like the plastic films.

I love the Matte finish! Almost ZERO fingerprint or glare and still plenty sharp....Prob the best accessory I've installed on my 3 yet. :D

https://www.abstractocean.com/9H-Model3/

View attachment 15199
Thanks for your recommendation. I'll give it a try.

Cintoman

Because my car was home delivered, it never got "prepped" at the SC, so all of the factory plastic was on nearly everything in the interior. So after exactly 1 month of owning my car, I am still rocking the factory protective film on my screen. You can tell you have the film still on if you look at the top right of the screen. If you still have the protector, there's a little clear tab that's part of the screen protector that sticks out to the top right, towards the passenger side of the car, right next to where your screen has the "passenger airbag off" message. To be honest, I think the factory protector is doing a fine job, and I can't imagine the screen being any sharper. But that could just be because I haven't seen a Model 3 screen without the protector. So I might be shocked in a "just got a new pair of prescription glasses and everything is sharp again" kind of way if/when I take the protector off.

With that said, I'm probably going to go ahead and order the AO 9H glossy protector instead of the matte one. I don't have an issue with fingerprints that I can tell, nor glare issues that have bothered me.

--Cintoman.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
If anyone has installed a glass protector on their phone, they know how tricky it can be to make sure there’s. O dust, no bubbles, and perfect alignment. It must be 10x more difficult with a 15” screen.

That said, this one on Amazon is $21.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKGDC5M

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Your suppose to put the tape on the back of the monitor with some overhang on the top, then find the right position for the screen. Once you find the right position you secure the screen with the overhang of the tape. Then you lift the back of the screen and peel the protective film and apply the protector to your screen like your phone. You did it backwards and applied the tape to the screen protector before you had it in position and muscled it until is broke.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If anyone has installed a glass protector on their phone, they know how tricky it can be to make sure there’s. O dust, no bubbles, and perfect alignment. It must be 10x more difficult with a 15” screen.

That said, this one on Amazon is $21.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKGDC5M
I should have a video up by tomorrow showing the install. Not too bad!

Dan D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On a similar side note... Call me crazy but I've always had great luck using Windex on my iphones and ipads. It's just a piece of glass after all. Is this screen any different? How is everyone cleaning it? Is there a thread for that?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On a similar side note... Call me crazy but I've always had great luck using Windex on my iphones and ipads. It's just a piece of glass after all. Is this screen any different? How is everyone cleaning it? Is there a thread for that?
Isn’t Windex ammonia based? I wouldn’t use that.

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm going to have to call you crazy ;) Never use harsh chemicals on touch screens, or your flatscreen TV.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204172#ipads

Kublah

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone try the one from Amazon? It’s 9H and a third the price.

Tesla Model 3 15" Center Control Touchscreen Car Navigation Touch Screen Protector, P50 P65 P80 P80D Tempered Glass 9H Anti-Scratch and Shock Resistant