Scheduling Heating & Cooling?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Greetings Guest!

Welcome to TOO! Since you're new here please please take some time to review the Forum Rules and thanks for joining!
Maybe I've missed it, but to the best of my searching, Tesla still does not have scheduling the heating or cooling of your car while plugged in. This seems like an obvious feature to me.
It's simple: have a "Interior environment" option with the ability of multiple schedules. Each schedule you select which days of the week; you have the cars interior heat or cool (to a specific temp); starts at a specific time; while plugged in charging (or not). This scheduled temperature control ends as soon as external power is disconnected (unless driver is detected in proximity).

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Maybe I've missed it, but to the best of my searching, Tesla still does not have scheduling the heating or cooling of your car while plugged in. This seems like an obvious feature to me.
It's simple: have a "Interior environment" option with the ability of multiple schedules. Each schedule you select which days of the week; you have the cars interior heat or cool (to a specific temp); starts at a specific time; while plugged in charging (or not). This scheduled temperature control ends as soon as external power is disconnected (unless driver is detected in proximity).
http://visibletesla.com/Documentation/pages/SchedulerTab.html

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Visible Tesla is excellent for those who want more control. @Mazzeppa this will give you what you want ;)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
with Visual Tesla no longer supported, and sounds like there may be a couple broken features, maybe @teslaliving could have some of the HVAC scheduling on a future release of EVTripping

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
This is one of those hung I love on my Leaf.
I also love being able to set the charge to finish at a set time rather having to set the start time and hope it's done.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You can easily script it yourself if needed. Most owners just turn it on when needed via their phones.
Can't you do this via the app now? Am I missing something? Is it that you can't schedule and it's just one-off real-time requests?

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is one of those hung I love on my Leaf.
I also love being able to set the charge to finish at a set time rather having to set the start time and hope it's done.
Yup. Definitely one part where the Leaf is better than Tesla.

On the other hand, knowing that my 30A primary charger does 21 miles an hour, I can figure out how to set it when I get home that a hundred miles will take about five hours, so I set it at 3am to be done by 8am...

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Yup. Definitely one part where the Leaf is better than Tesla.

On the other hand, knowing that my 30A primary charger does 21 miles an hour, I can figure out how to set it when I get home that a hundred miles will take about five hours, so I set it at 3am to be done by 8am...
I do the same. I set the charge start based on how much I need and when I need it to be done by. That way the pack is nice and warm and full by the time I need to leave. Would be much better if you could set the end time and let the car figure it out though. I doubt that's coming anytime soon to Tesla. The little things like that are totally lost on Tesla as they dont get the press/buzz.