Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
The only time I would expect to see a 30 Amp outlet is in an RV park (NEMA TT-30) and they are 120VAC. Here is a diagram of many different kinds of pins. View attachment 20666
The NEMA TT-30 120V Hot-Neutral-Gnd and 10-30 240V Hot-Hot-Neutral have similar pin configurations but they are NOT the same physical size. Wire size for both should be 10AWG or larger wire with a maximum current draw of 24A. I usually use the Gen 2 UMC 14-30 Tesla adapter on my high current homemade adapters to limit the current to 24A. I have make homemade adapters with 8AWG wire that I use the Tesla supplied 14-50 which allows me to draw up to the full 32A the Gen 2 UMC is capable of. If a Tesla wall charger or Gen 1 UMC were used 6 AWG wire would be required for the Gen 1 UMC to supply 40A and 4 AWG wire would be for the wall charge set to supply the full 48A (6AWG wire could be used if the max current were set to 44A or lower via the wall charger or car). I think all of this correct?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.