Rust Proofing (Toronto and Surrounding Area)

cain04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello everyone,

I know this has been debated back and forth about whether or not the Model 3 needs rust proofing or not but I had a horrible experience witht he first car I bought 13 years ago and I feel like I should be proactive.

I would love to do it myself using the other thread from user MIKE, but I'm just not that handy and I live in a condo where doing something like that will get me some stink eye from my fellow neighbours.

Has anybody gone to get rust-proofing and had a good experience? Looking for something in the Toronto/GTA area.

Thanks!

cain04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Replying to this thread in the hopes of getting some insight and recommendations from Model 3 owners on this topic. Winter tires are done (I never thought I'd miss regen braking so much) and now worried about corrosion and rust on the car.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Replying to this thread in the hopes of getting some insight and recommendations from Model 3 owners on this topic. Winter tires are done (I never thought I'd miss regen braking so much) and now worried about corrosion and rust on the car.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I have spoke with Oakville SC employees multiple times and all say no rust protection is needed at all
The 3 has a much higher steel content than the S or X. The doors, hood and rear wheel wells/rear lower underbody are aluminum. IMO the 3 most important steel areas of the 3 to treat for rust are the steel rocker panels, steel quarter panels and the steel trunk lid.
That said I have always used Krown rust protection on all my previous vehicles. Located throughout the GTA and further. If your 3 is a ‘keeper’ and winter driven I would seriously consider it especially as Tesla is the only vehicle manufacturer I know of that does not offer a specific corrosion warranty. Possibly as the S and X are aluminum.
Your going to get all kinds of opinions on this but treating with Krown is relatively cheap corrosion insurance.