RPM Tesla

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Someone posted their poor customer service experience with RPM Tesla on one of the Tesla Model 3 groups on Facebook and the owner of RPM Tesla showed up and made snarky remarks, belittled the person, and posted their physical address.
I’ll never buy from them again, but your post made me check their website. It looks like it has changed a little, but when you add something to your cart it still says:

Orders are processed and shipped in 7-14 days unless expedited shipping is selected!
I have no sympathy for them because they set an expectation they can’t live up to. When I ordered my last product from them it was almost a joke. They sent me an email that stated I would get a “waiting prize”. Of course I never got the waiting prize, but that’s a different story for different day.

This is no different than what angered people about the Jeda Pad in the beginning and the Nomad Pad now. Over promise and under deliver is the worst thing you can do and generally you can control against it 99% of the time. Though I at least give Jeda a pass because they’re a brand new start up. I do not give RPM a pass at all. They’re not new to this (other than the volume Model 3 brings). Just reset the expectations up front and handle upset customers properly and they won’t take to social media to let out their frustrations but sadly this concept is lost on them.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was just thinking, us poor Model 3 owners have such low bars already.
RPM takes weeks.
AutoAnything is now going on MONTHS shipping our floor mats. Also not communicated up front, and changing ship times three times already.
But hey, they are still all better than Tesla, not just on Model 3 ramp times, but dare I mention full self driving cross country...
The difference is, somehow Tesla keeps us happy and excited to somehow overlook the disappointments.

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But hey, they are still all better than Tesla
Tesla is definitely not perfect, but their bar for taking care of folks once there's an issue tends to be better than what I've seen from rpm. So I can't agree with your statement. Besides, Tesla is building entire cars, not just pre-cut vinyl patterns, etc.

When folks like Kenriko come along, and single-handedly put out a better product, with excellent attention to detail and manage to make sure people are informed and like what they get, there's really no excuse for a larger outfit like rpm not to get that kind of stuff right instead of repeatedly failing to meet their promises.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone purchased the Carbon Fiber Steering wheel from RPM Tesla? I keep hearing their customer support isn't the greatest but that wheel looks amazing! Was looking for some feedback on anyone who may have purchased it already.

Many Thanks!

TheMagician

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone purchased the Carbon Fiber Steering wheel from RPM Tesla? I keep hearing their customer support isn't the greatest but that wheel looks amazing! Was looking for some feedback on anyone who may have purchased it already.

Many Thanks!
I’m with you Jay79. Think they make the nicest looking carbon fiber wheel and want to purchase one but absolutely no feedback here or any other site that I can find. And the feedback in general on this company is pretty lousy so not sure what they would do if wheel was defective (biggest fear is wheel not registering touch properly when using EAP). Their video only shows how to install wheel; take another 15 seconds and show it working properly with EAP.

And watching the install video doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. They only talk about “snugging” bolts down. That’s probably fine for the small bolts for the horn/plastic wiring loom but what about the larger bolt that holds the steering wheel on the steering column. I’ve replaced wheels before but they generally gave you thread locker to apply to the bolt (most times it was a nut) and a specific torque value.

You can clearly see the bolt has some kind of thread locker on it when he removes it but he simply reuses the bolt and suggests “super snug ” (bet the engineers reading this post are cringing about now :) How hard would it be to track down the recommended torque value for such a critical component. For now, I’ll probably pass and let others be the guinea pig.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m with you Jay79. Think they make the nicest looking carbon fiber wheel and want to purchase one but absolutely no feedback here or any other site that I can find. And the feedback in general on this company is pretty lousy so not sure what they would do if wheel was defective (biggest fear is wheel not registering touch properly when using EAP). Their video only shows how to install wheel; take another 15 seconds and show it working properly with EAP.

And watching the install video doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. They only talk about “snugging” bolts down. That’s probably fine for the small bolts for the horn/plastic wiring loom but what about the larger bolt that holds the steering wheel on the steering column. I’ve replaced wheels before but they generally gave you thread locker to apply to the bolt (most times it was a nut) and a specific torque value.

You can clearly see the bolt has some kind of thread locker on it when he removes it but he simply reuses the bolt and suggests “super snug ” (bet the engineers reading this post are cringing about now :) How hard would it be to track down the recommended torque value for such a critical component. For now, I’ll probably pass and let others be the guinea pig.
I've ordered a few small things from them with no issues so far. Not the fastest shipping but it makes its way here none the less and is as described. RPM just redid their website as well so It's more confidence inspiring that the company is in a healthy position to keep going.

groovetesla

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a handful of things with expedited shipping. It still took longer than it should have but I gave them a pass since it was over the Christmas Holiday. Here's a few notes about my experience:

1) Ambient lights were on backorder, but I was still charged. I've requested a refund.

2) I accidentally ordered 2 sets of LED lights. I originally ordered 5 individual lights and then I saw that they had a box of 5 lights for a cheaper price (?), so I added that to my cart. Well, I forgot to remove the other one from my cart, so I got 10 lights delivered, 5 at one price ($8.80 each), 5 at the higher price ($11 each). I'm fine with keeping the extras, but have asked for a refund on the per light cost.

3) I installed the screen protector today and it doesn't seem to fit properly. I took my time and was METICULOUS before pulling off the plastic. I even tried rotating it to the opposite direction because I saw in AO's video that sometimes the manufacture puts the tab on the wrong corner. I figured "close enough" but I'm really not happy with the fit. There is also one imperfection on the screen, not a huge deal, barely noticeable but I know it's there. Anyone else have experience with their screen protectors? I have a cart full of stuff at AO and wishing I would have bought the screen protector from there. Since I've already installed it, I doubt I can ask RPM for a refund at this point but I'm definitely bummed about it.

The LED lights were great. I also purchased the wind reduction kit (not installed yet) and smoked headlights (also not installed yet, still considering). Satin white vinyl wraps for the center console are awesome, but my tint guy installed them for me at no extra charge, so I can comment on the install process. I'll update once I hear about the refunds.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a handful of things with expedited shipping. It still took longer than it should have but I gave them a pass since it was over the Christmas Holiday. Here's a few notes about my experience:

1) Ambient lights were on backorder, but I was still charged. I've requested a refund.

2) I accidentally ordered 2 sets of LED lights. I originally ordered 5 individual lights and then I saw that they had a box of 5 lights for a cheaper price (?), so I added that to my cart. Well, I forgot to remove the other one from my cart, so I got 10 lights delivered, 5 at one price ($8.80 each), 5 at the higher price ($11 each). I'm fine with keeping the extras, but have asked for a refund on the per light cost.

3) I installed the screen protector today and it doesn't seem to fit properly. I took my time and was METICULOUS before pulling off the plastic. I even tried rotating it to the opposite direction because I saw in AO's video that sometimes the manufacture puts the tab on the wrong corner. I figured "close enough" but I'm really not happy with the fit. There is also one imperfection on the screen, not a huge deal, barely noticeable but I know it's there. Anyone else have experience with their screen protectors? I have a cart full of stuff at AO and wishing I would have bought the screen protector from there. Since I've already installed it, I doubt I can ask RPM for a refund at this point but I'm definitely bummed about it.

The LED lights were great. I also purchased the wind reduction kit (not installed yet) and smoked headlights (also not installed yet, still considering). Satin white vinyl wraps for the center console are awesome, but my tint guy installed them for me at no extra charge, so I can comment on the install process. I'll update once I hear about the refunds.
They have a “100% customer satisfaction guarantee” but the only problem is that the fine print says the item has to get back to them in the condition in which is can be resold. To that end, the vast majority of their products are not 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed because removal of the products (while safe for your car, ruins the product).

stlgrym3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ordered carbon fiber rear spoiler, cf side mirror covers and cf center console wraps from them, all transactions were good, shipments went out as advertised. they're even pretty responsive when emailing them questions on the order status.

Taney71

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered three products from RPM Tesla: Model 3 Vinyl Wood Console Wrap Gen 2; the Steering Wheel Wood Vinyl Accent Wrap; and the Window/Door Switch Wood Vinyl Wrap.

I watched all the install videos to make sure I was doing things right. So the install of the console wrap went well and the look is excellent. However, the Steering Wheel Wood Vinyl Accent Wrap isn't as good. The Vinyl is great to install on the Tesla Logo and the bottom part of the wheel. But as you can see from the pictures the Vinyl was cut well or there were other issues with the side parts.

The console wrap install took about 5 minutes and, again, looks great (only problem is that they didn't include the vinyl for the piece that holds the cell phones). However, I spent over an hour trying to get the side steering wheel vinyl parts to work. One of the problems is that the cut of the vinyl isn't exact as the right circle doesn't align when you get the two white arrows aligned. Another is that the vinyl doesn't hold on the bottom or sides. As a result, it looks really cheap.

Has anyone ordered the steering wheel vinyl wrap from RPM Tesla and had a successful install? Have you had t

I've reached out to RPM Tesla and I'm hoping they will send me new side vinyl wraps and the piece they didn't send me on the console wrap.

IMG_3307.JPG IMG_9296.JPG IMG_4133.JPG