RPM Tesla

• JOIN @TREVP AND SOME T.O.O. CREW FOR THE FIRST EVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT AT BASECAMP MIAMI!
    THE LARGEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT ON THE EAST COAST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8th!
    Full details and RSVP here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I called on July 6th and Mark picked up nearly immediately. He’s very friendly and even gave me a pointer for a way to cheat their order minimum on the discounts. I told him I appreciated it and ordered more to hit the $150 minimum as I didn’t want to cheat his system. After hanging up with him, I placed my order and the website says due to exponential growth orders will take 7-10 days to ship.

July 16th I received a generic apology email with a reference to an Appreciation Patience Present (APP)

On July 16th (yesterday) I called again and again Mark picked up right away. He said they’re just slammed beyond belief but if I wanted expedited shipping I could reply to my order email and ask for it and the person in the office would get the email and try their best.

Within 4 hours, Stephanie emailed back and said they will try their best to expedite the order and I’ll receive an email with tracking.

I haven’t received anything yet and did email again this afternoon.

It looks like they’re just absolutely beyond slammed. I know they’re behind schedule but frankly it looks like they make a good product and iterate fairly quickly to make them better. They also seem to want to do right by their customer. I just wish my carbon fiber vinyl would ship now that I’ve scratched my center console :eek:

View attachment 11688
As a follow up my order ships today. Looks like 12 days (including weekends).

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
RPM is the worst. Ordered on July 23. They never responded back to any of my emails. I will never order from them again.

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
RPM is the worst. Ordered on July 23. They never responded back to any of my emails. I will never order from them again.
Call them. That's the best thing I can suggest. Once I called them my order shipped out pretty quickly. July 23rd to now is way to long.

I think they have gotten overwhelmed by all the new Tesla owners and are always playing catch up. Not like that is any excuse

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you tried Abstract Ocean yet? Super friendly, responsive and helpful.

https://www.abstractocean.com/

Got my Screen Protector, LED Upgrades and Console Wrap from them.

They just cut a 3M custom color center console and I was in contact directly with the owner Pete several times by email. Highly Recommended!

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wasn't really going to post here...but RPM has not responded to the 3-4 emails I sent them into the issues I had with their products.

1) First issue is that I custom ordered SATIN silver console, steering, and door wraps. The center console was correct...but the steering and door wraps were another finish (shiny/gloss). I did not notice until after I installed everything.

2) Center console was not big enough left to right. When lined up PERFECTLY on the left side...black showed on the right, and visa versa. I had to manually stretch the thing (maybe 30 minutes) to get it covered completely.

2) the door wraps DID NOT line up with the lights on the window switches. Video and instructions say to line up the tiny rectangular cut-outs, and make sure they are all center...then you know when and where to place the wrap. None of the cut-outs were aligned. See photo #1.

3) none of the smaller door switches lined up either. The wrap for on TOP of the switch was smaller than the switch, so 1-2mm of black showed up on the bottom. See Photo #2

4) Steering wheel logo was WAAAAAAAAY off. The top curve piece was 1mm too high on the transfer tape (I had to add that manually)...the curve was wrong...and the "T" was the wrong dimensions. Was not on 3M paper - just a cheap (probably Chinese) sticker.

I was in contact with them quite a bit before the order was sent...but right after they arrived, and sent these exact photos, expressing my concerns, all communication from them dropped.

That was 3 weeks ago.

20180822_191425-jpg.14201
20180822_185857-jpg.14202
20180822_160705-jpg.14203

amoney805

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They dont respond to emails, you'll have to call them. But be prepared to be blamed for installing incorrectly. Atl east that was my experience. The pieces I received were obviously cut sloppily by hand with dull scissors. I ended up opening a case with Paypal and got my money back. I ended up getting Kenriko's off Amazon and am 100% satisfied.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They dont respond to emails, you'll have to call them. But be prepared to be blamed for installing incorrectly. Atl east that was my experience. The pieces I received were obviously cut sloppily by hand with dull scissors. I ended up opening a case with Paypal and got my money back. I ended up getting Kenriko's off Amazon and am 100% satisfied.
I was wondering about this... emailed them a few times to check on my order which is taking forever and no response.

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was wondering about this... emailed them a few times to check on my order which is taking forever and no response.
Orders take forever...most likely because they are ordering everything from China.

All the same stuff you see them sell, are on ebay for less...

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They didn’t honor the “100% satisfaction guarantee” and then they stopped replying to me so I disputed the charge and got my money back.

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup.

Abstract Ocean is the place to go...have NEVER had an issue with them.

Just opened a paypal claim...

Too bad... :(

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dang, I'd considered picking up the carbon fiber steering wheel from them

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure about the steering wheels, but almost everything they carry, you can get on eBay from China (it is the EXACT same product).

I think the reason for the delays in getting orders filling, is they are ordering from China once you place an order...then they ship when it arrives.

It makes not sense to have to wait a month to have an order filled, from a company who has been in business for 5 years, they should be able to have a handle on it by now.

Hell, I run a single operation and ship $20000 worth of product every month...AND all my product goes out next day.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I ordered a screen protector and a 3M console on August 28. I received a confirmation quickly and then...nothing. Two days ago I sent an email basically saying what the holdup is and still nothing. This is not how you run an online business. Coming up on two weeks and it hasn't even shipped yet?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a screen protector and a 3M console on August 28. I received a confirmation quickly and then...nothing. Two days ago I sent an email basically saying what the holdup is and still nothing. This is not how you run an online business. Coming up on two weeks and it hasn't even shipped yet?
I received the stuff I ordered but an item was missing and the installation video you tube acct has been terminated, so weird and now i cant find the installation video anywhere! I agree seems like something is up with SRPM.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You can find them here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_TELvy8nexs0paH0qX1YeA/videos

As for RPM Tesla's response, they do not do well with emails at all. From what I've noticed, they start escalating if you call in to complain. Try calling.

Also , RPM Tesla has notorious issues with their wraps. I would suggest Kenriko for the console wrap and the screen protector to be purchased from Abstract Ocean. Heck everything should be bought from AO.

quadmasta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Someone posted their poor customer service experience with RPM Tesla on one of the Tesla Model 3 groups on Facebook and the owner of RPM Tesla showed up and made snarky remarks, belittled the person, and posted their physical address.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw this in the M3OC facebook. Unfortunately the group is much more unsophisticated than our beloved forum, with a lot more ignorance...
At this point everyone probably should expect RPMTesla to take several WEEKS to fulfill their order, and equally slow to respond to emails (though they are very responsive by phone and forum direct messages). Unfortunately that doesn't mean everyone knows this, and they don't have a banner on their site stating this clearly, which maybe they should.

The post was made a bit out of anger, and RPM posted a screenshot of tracking to prove that the order was in fact delivered yesterday. I would not say RPM's comments were snarky at all. But unfortunately that screenshot showed (in fact, it still shows) the customer's full contact info.
Yikes on both sides. But instead of the customer or admin deleting the post, its left there, and facebook commenters are left to bicker, which these days is worse than any comments section.

RPM have clearly been having growing pains with Model 3 volume, but they do ship orders, and their stuff is much more reasonably priced than other places. Apparently they are moving and expanding soon. Unfortunately they are not the best at handling things, or knowing the nuances of customer service in the social media age.