Road Trip Charging Strategy

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hey guys, looking for some advice on charging strategy. I think I know the answer but hoping I'm missing something.

My apartment has paid level 2 charging where you pay per hour that you are parked at the charger (note...you pay whether your car is full, charging or not charging, as long as its plugged in you pay).

My work has free charging, yay!

I am driving LA-SF on Friday and plan to leave at 8am. So I was going to charge to 90% at work on Thursday. Is there anyway to get that last 10% in the morning on Friday without either A. waking up 3 hours before I leave or B. paying for the charger all night?

If the answer is no, I am thinking im better off just leaving at 90% and catching up via supercharger on the way rather than taking any of those options.

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just looking at the map, 90% to start, San Luis Obispo to charge, then maybe somewhere around San Fran to have some around town room. Seems to be a lot of options