Rim cap

Country
Country
Good day:

Sorry I am new to this if this is not the right forum please feel free to move it to the right one. I have seen the new model 3 rims (basic package) are covered by plastic rim covers. Underneath the covers, are alloy wheels without centre caps. I wonder if anyone knows where to obtain tesla centre caps?

Thanks a million.

Tony

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good day:

Sorry I am new to this if this is not the right forum please feel free to move it to the right one. I have seen the new model 3 rims (basic package) are covered by plastic rim covers. Underneath the covers, are alloy wheels without rim caps. I wonder if anyone knows where to obtain tesla rim caps?

Thanks a million.

Tony
The standard 18" rim is covered by an "aero cover".

Many are planning on removing the cover and potentially only using it for long distance travel and the possible range gains. Once off, you can get a center cap and lug covers.

@PTFI should be able to help as he has done this with his Model 3 already!

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Good day:

Sorry I am new to this if this is not the right forum please feel free to move it to the right one. I have seen the new model 3 rims (basic package) are covered by plastic rim covers. Underneath the covers, are alloy wheels without centre caps. I wonder if anyone knows where to obtain tesla centre caps?

Thanks a million.

Tony
I haven’t been able to get the part number from anybody, but I think you just buy them from Tesla.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How long would you estimate the time it takes to go from this look (lug covers and center cap) back to the aero covers? Do you have to remove the lug covers in addition to the center cap?

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How long would you estimate the time it takes to go from this look (lug covers and center cap) back to the aero covers? Do you have to remove the lug covers in addition to the center cap?
I only plan on using the Aero Covers for long trips...I'll post the "Putting the Aero Covers back on Process" when that happens.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Your local Tesla Service Center will gladly help you this endeavor. View attachment 3926
I attempted to obtain these from the service center in Culver City last weekend. They printed out a sheet of paper with all the different rim diagrams, and said they had lug nut covers for the Model S rims, but could not find anything for the Model 3. Kind of irrelevant at this point, because they also said I would need a VIN to order, and that a reservation number is not sufficient....

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I attempted to obtain these from the service center in Culver City last weekend. They printed out a sheet of paper with all the different rim diagrams, and said they had lug nut covers for the Model S rims, but could not find anything for the Model 3. Kind of irrelevant at this point, because they also said I would need a VIN to order, and that a reservation number is not sufficient....
This is an assumption, but if multiple people are getting them from Tesla the MS covers should fit the M3.

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Model S configuration will work