Right repeater camera stopped working

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does the camera on the right repeater need some time to work when unplugged and plugged back in? I have removed the camera connection for about 10 minutes and plugged it back in and I'm getting a "Blindspot Detection Limited / Camera Visibility Reduced". Made sure the connection is secured and rebooted the car several times.

Any ideas?

error-jpg.26025

MJJ

Something about that side. It’s the first one to crap out when recording video, on mine.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does the camera on the right repeater need some time to work when unplugged and plugged back in? I have removed the camera connection for about 10 minutes and plugged it back in and I'm getting a "Blindspot Detection Limited / Camera Visibility Reduced". Made sure the connection is secured and rebooted the car several times.

Any ideas?

View attachment 26025
Did you get that message before you unplugged the camera? Where did you unplug it at?

This looks to be much more severe that most with garbled repeater camera video. No others have really recevied a message like that. It indicate you have other or additional problems than those of us with some occasional missing or garbled video. You need a SC.

For our information, where did you unplug the camera?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you get that message before you unplugged the camera? Where did you unplug it at?

This looks to be much more severe that most with garbled repeater camera video. No others have really recevied a message like that. It indicate you have other or additional problems than those of us with some occasional missing or garbled video. You need a SC.

For our information, where did you unplug the camera?
No I did not get this message before I unplugged it.

When you remove the repeater from the side of the car, there are 2 connections going to it. I have removed these connections going to the light and the camera. Lesson learned, do not remove these connections, at least the camera connection, if you do not want the message to pop up.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the info. I had not heard of anyone else unplugging on their own, at least not often. I'm sure you've tried a full reboot, and that is the only thing in the end users control I could imagine might bring it back online.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the info. I had not heard of anyone else unplugging on their own, at least not often. I'm sure you've tried a full reboot, and that is the only thing in the end users control I could imagine might bring it back online.
Yes tried soft and hard reboots. Still nothing.

One thing that’s on my mind is that it could be in “calibration mode” as I’ve read that when a camera has been replaced by SC, you have to drive it for several miles before that message goes away. I have not put any miles on the car since I unplugged it. I’ll drive it around for at least 100 miles hoping that it’ll go away.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the early days of calibration you just had to wait til you got the notice. In recent software there is an indicator around the "autosteer icon" that will show when calibrating. You might look for that while driving.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the early days of calibration you just had to wait til you got the notice. In recent software there is an indicator around the "autosteer icon" that will show when calibrating. You might look for that while driving.
Interesting. I wonder what this indicator looks like. Thanks for the info!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You are familiar with the autosteer icon right (the bluee steering wheel in the pic below)? It will be a grey circle around the icon that progresses like a clock as the calibration continues. I'm not sure how and when Tesla uses this (as in the case of a camera being unplugged), but it is certainly used for a new car and at other times as well.

1558367320743-png.26032

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You are familiar with the autosteer icon right (the bluee steering wheel in the pic below)? It will be a grey circle around the icon that progresses like a clock as the calibration continues. I'm not sure how and when Tesla uses this (as in the case of a camera being unplugged), but it is certainly used for a new car and at other times as well.

View attachment 26032
Great info! I will have to check it out. Thanks a bunch!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update:

I have solved the issue last night. All I had to do is turn off the car within the safety and security settings. I waited 10 minutes (probably didn’t have to) then stepped on the brakes. Put the car in Drive and error is gone.

Drove around and tested auto pilot and works like before. Also checked teslacam footage and sentry mode and the right repeater files are back to normal.

Thanks to everyone who helped me keep my sanity. Have a great day!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update:

I have solved the issue last night. All I had to do is turn off the car within the safety and security settings. I waited 10 minutes (probably didn’t have to) then stepped on the brakes. Put the car in Drive and error is gone.

Drove around and tested auto pilot and works like before. Also checked teslacam footage and sentry mode and the right repeater files are back to normal.

Thanks to everyone who helped me keep my sanity. Have a great day!
I thought you said you had already done a power restart, no? what were you calling a "soft and hard reboot"?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I thought you said you had already done a power restart, no? what were you calling a "soft and hard reboot"?
I’ve only performed reboots. Soft reboot is when I depressed the two steering wheels buttons. The hard reboot is when I depressed on the brakes and the two steering wheels buttons. Both didn’t work. But turning the car off, letting it sit for several minutes, and turning it back on worked.