Ride sharing in your Model 3?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Just curious: would you drive your Model 3 for ride sharing (like Uber or Lyft)?

While I shudder at the thought of constantly letting strangers into my new Tesla, it would give me a reason to drive it while helping pay for it in the process. And it's an opportunity to start conversations about EVs in general.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just curious: would you drive your Model 3 for ride sharing (like Uber or Lyft)?

While I shudder at the thought of constantly letting strangers into my new Tesla, it would give me a reason to drive it while helping pay for it in the process. And it's an opportunity to start conversations about EVs in general.
Never for a second. Then again I wouldn't do it in my current car.

Not only do you really not make any money, you're putting wear and tear on your car and letting strangers into it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ctually-make-per-hour/?utm_term=.faeafbd65661

At this stage in my life (and I don't mean this in a snobby, tacky, or offensive way) my "after work" time is too precious with 2 little kids to waste on driving strangers around for a few bucks an hour.

If I was younger, say in college, I'd consider it for extra spending money...

Last edited:

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm thinking of doing it to help pay for all the expensive options that I wasn't planning to get but may need to! Big money around here, and I've only had 2-door cars previously. I've asked a few drivers, and everyone says what a much better experience it is driving with Lift over Uber. Then again, Tesla's car service might be around sooner than you think.