Review of Ver. 2 No-petro Jack Pads

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Today I found four jack pads in my mailbox for our Model 3's. Last week I mailed a check for $40 last week to forum member No-petro who posted photos of his original jack pads here: https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/fs-model-3-lifting-jack-pad.9246/

These look just like them except the retaining plug has been changed to a size/shape that is claimed to fit the Model 3 better. I tried them out tonight and the fit is PERFECT! They go in with a firm push and feel like they will stay put without risk of falling out. They come out with a medium firm pull/twist downward. I would not wish them to be any easier or any firmer. The retaining plugs appear to be slightly tapered and made of a firm, fairly hard, dense and durable black rubber. The retaining plugs are firmly secured by a good sized stainless steel Philips head wood screw with a washer under it. Not a normal washer, this one has six tiny barbs or points that holds the washer in the recess, even if the screw is removed. Nice touch! The large screw extends about 3/4 of the depth of the puck.

I'm guessing if you tried to make these yourself, a set of four would cost you almost as much as the shipped price, maybe more if you had to pay postage on all the parts. And you might have to buy extra pucks to achieve that price (which is fine if you play hockey but I don't). How much is your time worth? Just fork over the money and find a set of No-Petro pads in your mailbox! This would be a good Christmas present for any Model 3 owners on your list. He says he accepts PayPal too. Oh, and they came with an appropriately sized black mesh bag with a drawstring and toggle to keep them all neatly together. I weighed my set of 4 at 1 lb. 9 oz.

What's not to like? I'm glad I didn't fork over more than $100 for the commercial ones.

96s46p

Country
Country
Thanks for your review. Rubber feet/bumpers come with those washers inside a lot of the time. It is definitely a fair price but I am hardcore diy so I might try to make them. I think $15 is doable.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for your review. Rubber feet/bumpers come with those washers inside a lot of the time. It is definitely a fair price but I am hardcore diy so I might try to make them. I think $15 is doable.
$15 for 4?

96s46p

Country
Country

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You've bought the parts, designed and engineered it. Don't be too cheap. You'll be saving me money at any price. I hope I see your post if you'll make a set for me. I used to fix cars and overhaul engines and appreciate work like you've done.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would also like to pass along a good review for no_petro's lifting pads. Just received them and they fit perfectly. Uses a strong hockey puck as a base.

I don't have time to do all of the things I want to do for my Model 3 so this purchase was exactly what I was needed.

Jaywlker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought version 2 of No_Petro’s lift pads, and cannot praise them enough. They remain inserted once placed in the proper holes for designated lift points; they come out with just the right amount of pull; and they come with a
perfectly sized mesh bag for storage in the bottom well of the trunk with my other emergency supplies for a flat tire. THANK YOU NO_PETRO FOR PROVIDING A REASONABLY PRICED PRACTICALLY PERFECT PRODUCT.

C141medic

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just received mine last week. Excellent product and value for the price. I was going to buy the more expensive ones at $25 each which are essentially similar in functionality. Happy to have saved $80. Thanks No_Petro.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I called the only local wheel repair place and asked if they could fix some curb rash on my 3. He said they had fixed a lot of Tesla wheels. To test him, I asked if he had the jack pads for the 3. He didn't but I was planning on buying my own anyway and keep them in the car in case any emergency arose and the provider didn't happen to have the jack pad my car needs. So I paid $40 to No_petro for a set of four jack pads. They work great. You may never have a flat tire but if you don't have at least one jack pad you'll wish you'd bought them now. I'll need four jack pads when I buy my next set of tires. Buy them now.

SyncUp

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought version 2 of No_Petro’s lift pads, and cannot praise them enough. They remain inserted once placed in the proper holes for designated lift points; they come out with just the right amount of pull; and they come with a
perfectly sized mesh bag for storage in the bottom well of the trunk with my other emergency supplies for a flat tire. THANK YOU NO_PETRO FOR PROVIDING A REASONABLY PRICED PRACTICALLY PERFECT PRODUCT.
Ditto for me! Thanks, @No_petro.

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@No_petro, just got my 4 jack pads and zipper mesh case. These are very nicely done and fit well into my Model 3 jack points. I keep the pack in the deep well on the left (driver) side of the trunk along with my J1772 adapter. At about 5900 miles, I may soon get the chance to use them for my first tire rotation depending upon where I have this done. Glad I got these!

Last edited: