Question Reversing passenger headrest

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

tslafuture2020

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I own a Model 3 (6/2018 build), where I have reversed the front passenger headrest to make my wife more comfortable with her hair bun, using the instructions from this thread: Model 3: Neck pain/position & video
There is an update to that video that may apply to newer built cars: Model 3 removing front seat back on newer cars

We recently test drove a Model Y, and the headrest similarly has the effect of pushing her head forward. We are seriously considering ordering a Model Y, but this is a deal breaker for her, as it makes it painful to ride in the car.

Can anyone who has a Model Y (preferable '21) confirm that the headrest clips are in the same place, and that it's possible to release them? I wouldn't be bending it; just pulling it out, and installing it rotated 180 degrees.

Thanks!

Reactions: Mangoman and garsh

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I
I own a Model 3 (6/2018 build), where I have reversed the front passenger headrest to make my wife more comfortable with her hair bun, using the instructions from this thread: Model 3: Neck pain/position & video
There is an update to that video that may apply to newer built cars: Model 3 removing front seat back on newer cars

We recently test drove a Model Y, and the headrest similarly has the effect of pushing her head forward. We are seriously considering ordering a Model Y, but this is a deal breaker for her, as it makes it painful to ride in the car.

Can anyone who has a Model Y (preferable '21) confirm that the headrest clips are in the same place, and that it's possible to release them? I wouldn't be bending it; just pulling it out, and installing it rotated 180 degrees.

Thanks!
I've never messed with my head rests, but I just checked and the mechanism surrounding the head rest post on my 2021 MY is identical to what's on my 2018 M3.