Returning a UMC adapter bought from the Tesla online store

pdp1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a 14-30 adapter from the Tesla online store, but before it was delivered, I found out my breaker panel could support a 50A 14-50 outlet so I tried to cancel my order via the online store email address. They didn't acknowledge my email and they shipped the 14-30 adapter to me anyway. I tried emailing them again to return the adapter, but still nothing. Does anyone have a phone number or have any other suggestions on how to get a hold of someone from the Tesla online store to process my return?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a 14-30 adapter from the Tesla online store, but before it was delivered, I found out my breaker panel could support a 50A 14-50 outlet so I tried to cancel my order via the online store email address. They didn't acknowledge my email and they shipped the 14-30 adapter to me anyway. I tried emailing them again to return the adapter, but still nothing. Does anyone have a phone number or have any other suggestions on how to get a hold of someone from the Tesla online store to process my return?
check out the Tesla.com/shop FAQ page
it lists:
"At Tesla, we strive to do everything possible to ensure our customers are satisfied with their online purchases. We are happy to assist you with the return of your online order. Please see the return guidelines below.

Service-installed vehicle accessories may be canceled within 60 days of ordering but are subject to a 25% restocking fee. These products are ineligible for return once installed (except for cases involving product warranty).

Unopened Wall Connectors may be returned within 60 days of delivery. All other unopened vehicle accessories may be returned within 30 days of delivery. If an item has been opened, but remains unused, it may be returned within the same time-frame stated above and will be subject to a 25% restocking fee. Once a product has been used, it is ineligible for return (except for cases involving product warranty).

Apparel and lifestyle merchandise may be returned within 30 days of delivery. Items must be unused, in the original packaging, with tags attached to receive a full refund."

and since it doesn't list a shop specific phone, I'd call the main customer service 1888-518-3752

Jaywlker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You might consider keeping the 14-30 adapter just in case you find yourself in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a trailer park 30-amp receptacle to plug into, like when we visited Tombstone, Arizona, lol! Seriously, if you
consider the number of 30 Amp hookups available at travel centers / RV parks, you might want to keep the 14-30. I’ve purchased one just to store in my bottom trunk for the “next” time I’m at the trailer park, lol! And for those that think I’m hating on trailer parks, I lived in one as a kid, so back up, 😂 lmao.

pdp1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
check out the Tesla.com/shop FAQ page
it lists:
"At Tesla, we strive to do everything possible to ensure our customers are satisfied with their online purchases. We are happy to assist you with the return of your online order. Please see the return guidelines below.

Service-installed vehicle accessories may be canceled within 60 days of ordering but are subject to a 25% restocking fee. These products are ineligible for return once installed (except for cases involving product warranty).

Unopened Wall Connectors may be returned within 60 days of delivery. All other unopened vehicle accessories may be returned within 30 days of delivery. If an item has been opened, but remains unused, it may be returned within the same time-frame stated above and will be subject to a 25% restocking fee. Once a product has been used, it is ineligible for return (except for cases involving product warranty).

Apparel and lifestyle merchandise may be returned within 30 days of delivery. Items must be unused, in the original packaging, with tags attached to receive a full refund."

and since it doesn't list a shop specific phone, I'd call the main customer service 1888-518-3752
So I called the number, dug down through the voice prompted menus to get to the part for online orders and ended up getting a pre-recorded message telling me to email the online store at onlineorders@tesla.com. LOL, that's the same email I've been writing to but haven't been getting any responses from! Looks like I'm going in circles. Do you think a local Tesla service center help me?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I called the number, dug down through the voice prompted menus to get to the part for online orders and ended up getting a pre-recorded message telling me to email the online store at onlineorders@tesla.com. LOL, that's the same email I've been writing to but haven't been getting any responses from! Looks like I'm going in circles. Do you think a local Tesla service center help me?
you could try your local service center, but the FAQ does specifically say they can not take on-line returns.

Sealander

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sent a return request to onlineorders@tesla.com and received a reply in about 8 days last August. Here was the reply text. Returned no problem using the furnished RMA number.

"Thanks for contacting Tesla!
Attached you will find a FedEx return label for ASY,ADPTR,J1772-TESLA,v2. Please affix this to the package you would like to return, then drop off the item at your local FedEx location, or Tesla Service Center. FedEx pickup scan triggers the refund which will post to your original method of payment within 3 - 5 business days. You can track your shipment.
Unopened wall connectors may be returned within 60 days of delivery. All other unopened vehicle accessories may be returned within 30 days of delivery. Items must be unused, in the original packaging, with tags attached to receive a full refund.
Please note, once a product has been used, it is ineligible for return (except for cases involving product warranty).
For additional details on the return process, please visit shop FAQ
For any questions concerning the return process, please reply this message, or contact OnlineOrders@Tesla.com.

Thank you,
The Tesla Team"

pdp1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sent a return request to onlineorders@tesla.com and received a reply in about 8 days last August. Here was the reply text. Returned no problem using the furnished RMA number.

"Thanks for contacting Tesla!
Attached you will find a FedEx return label for ASY,ADPTR,J1772-TESLA,v2. Please affix this to the package you would like to return, then drop off the item at your local FedEx location, or Tesla Service Center. FedEx pickup scan triggers the refund which will post to your original method of payment within 3 - 5 business days. You can track your shipment.
Unopened wall connectors may be returned within 60 days of delivery. All other unopened vehicle accessories may be returned within 30 days of delivery. Items must be unused, in the original packaging, with tags attached to receive a full refund.
Please note, once a product has been used, it is ineligible for return (except for cases involving product warranty).
For additional details on the return process, please visit shop FAQ
For any questions concerning the return process, please reply this message, or contact OnlineOrders@Tesla.com.

Thank you,
The Tesla Team"
Hmm, it's been 9 days since I last sent my request to return the 14-30 plug, and over two weeks since I sent the email about possibly cancelling the order. I'll try one more time then.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The ordering department is probably the worst in the entire company in terms of communication. They rejected my fulling working creditcard for 2 weeks and I couldn't get in touch with anyone. My bank confirmed they couldn't see a charge. Eventually some backend engineer must've noticed and fixed the system.

I'd suggest selling it to someone else on here or keeping it. You'll waste more of your time then the item is worth.

pdp1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just an update on the situation. I ended up using the the online feedback/questions form on the website to ask about returning the 14-30 adapter. Someone finally got back to me a few days later. They said in the future to call 877-79TESLA or email ServiceHelpNA@tesla.com.

Anyway, they promptly emailed me a return label and I sent it back right before Christmas. A couple days ago I saw the refund on my credit card. Kind of funny how the website contact form was how I ended up getting through!

choney22

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
For Christmas I received two sets of the Aero wheel cap kit, the gifter has been trying to contact Tesla to return one of them to no avail. Corporate said contact a sales center and they said they won't accept them. Has anyone found a good way to return items bought on the store? It seems crazy you can't return an un-opened item. I have not opened either of them, hoping to avoid having to sell it on the side but might have to?

ADK46

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Everyone with an online store problem, please be relentless. I’m being relentless with mine. This is how you encourage a company to do better. What a shame to squander goodwill by screwing up something so simple.

choney22

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
For Christmas I received two sets of the Aero wheel cap kit, the gifter has been trying to contact Tesla to return one of them to no avail. Corporate said contact a sales center and they said they won't accept them. Has anyone found a good way to return items bought on the store? It seems crazy you can't return an un-opened item. I have not opened either of them, hoping to avoid having to sell it on the side but might have to?
Ended up selling it on ebay, had a buyer in just a few hours. Easier than the weeks of hassle dealing with the store.