Reservation Priority: An Experiment

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

goto10

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I recently picked up a Model 3 through my brother-in-law's reservation. He owns a Model S so he (and consequently I) got to jump the line. In my curiosity about whether current Model S owners still have priority and whether new Model 3 owners get a boost in priority I'm running a little experiment. I have made two additional simultaneous Model 3 reservations, one under each of our accounts. I'll update this thread when/if either of them become available to configure or if the estimates for delivery diverge.

First tidbits of data:
The two reservations were placed about 1-2 minutes apart and the registration numbers were xxxx7491 and xxxx8051. Does that mean Tesla received ~60 reservations in the time it took me to reserve the second one or are do these values not increment by one for each reservation?

They both currently list these delivery estimates
First Production: Late 2018
Standard Battery: Early 2019
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive: Late 2018

Last edited:

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I recently picked up a Model 3 through my brother-in-law's reservation. He owns a Model S so he (and consequently I) got to jump the line. In my curiosity about whether current Model S owners still have priority and whether new Model 3 owners get a boost in priority I'm running a little experiment. I have made two additional simultaneous Model 3 reservations, one under each of our accounts. I'll update this thread when/if either of them become available to configure or if the estimates for delivery diverge.

First tidbits of data:
The two reservations were placed about 1-2 minutes apart and the registration numbers were xxxx7491 and xxxx8051. Does that mean Tesla received ~60 reservations in the time it took me to reserve the second one or are do these values not increment by one for each reservation?

They both current list these delivery estimates
First Production: Late 2018
Standard Battery: Early 2019
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive: Late 2018
Reservations numbers are random. It became apparent way back when the original ones were made.

Travelwolf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
"late 2018" for first production- It looks like no line jumping anymore for anyone so that is good news for those still waiting in que. That is about the latest anyone has had for first production from what I can recall

SolanaModel3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
"late 2018" for first production- It looks like no line jumping anymore
A friend, current model S owner, put in his reservation early March, and he got his invite about a month later despite the first production estimate being 'late 2018'... So definitely still line jumping for current S/X owners.
Don't know about current model 3 owners tho... But I really highly doubt we'd get priority like S/X owners...

ajones92

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Too funny, I talked to Tesla and got the exact opposite response. Model 3 owners do not have priority by virtue of being a Model 3 owner. I put a second reservation in the day I picked up my Model 3 and have not been invited for that one yet.
I think you may have misread. It says on the email that S and X customers get priority. It doesn't mention 3 owners