Reservation HOLD Question

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

svusa11

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey Guys,

I couldn't find answer googleing so decided to post here. My question is, If I decide to 'HOLD' my reservation spot in favor of Dual Motor/White Interior/Standard Range, how soon I can reactivate/place order if I change my mind and decide to order M3 with current configuration available?

Based on web indications, full tax credit should be available until Q2 2018. Let's say, if I would like to get a standard battery and full tax credit, I dont know if both will be available by end of Q2. So, my option is Hold my reservation and risk loosing 7.5K tax credit or reactive my order (LR version) 1 month prior to end of Q2 to take advantage of full Tax credit.

I don't need to have a car right away, just wants to make most economic sense out of it without going crazy with the budget. What I'm not sure if Tesla has a minimum wait period after you Hold Your Place!! any thoughts??

Attachments

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You can come back at any time. Given that the standard delivery estimate is 4 weeks. I’d say give yourself a cushion and order 6-7 weeks before the end of Q2 if they don’t have what you want out by then.

svusa11

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
You can come back at any time. Given that the standard delivery estimate is 4 weeks. I’d say give yourself a cushion and order 6-7 weeks before the end of Q2 if they don’t have what you want out by then.
Thanks.. I guess in next few weeks, we would have a good idea when full tax credit is expected to go away. If it is end of Q2, you are right, latest one should order by is 5-6 weeks in advance of Q2 end date.

If current delivery estimate is any true, it shows Dec - Feb 18 for LR version, so I expect to get invitation sometime in Q1 unless Tesla has one more Production Hell Surprise for us!! Maybe I can snooze ordering for few more weeks to see what additional options are made available if any.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks.. I guess in next few weeks, we would have a good idea when full tax credit is expected to go away. If it is end of Q2, you are right, latest one should order by is 5-6 weeks in advance of Q2 end date.

If current delivery estimate is any true, it shows Dec - Feb 18 for LR version, so I expect to get invitation sometime in Q1 unless Tesla has one more Production Hell Surprise for us!! Maybe I can snooze ordering for few more weeks to see what additional options are made available if any.
After we get the 4th quarter numbers and assuming they didn’t hit 200k we’ll know the full credit is around until at least 6/30/18. I have a good feeling they’ll hit in Q1 and 6/30/18 will be the end of the full credit, but we will see soon enough!