Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Reservation fee credit to final price of car

10K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  SoFlaModel3 
#1 ·
Is it just me? Does it look like the $1000.00 reservation fee and the $2500 order fee, are administrative fees and does not credit towards the car?

#3 ·
yea, it definitely goes to the cost of the car. I think of the reservation fee as a wash because they charge $1000 for the destination fee.

Reactions: Maevra
#4 ·
I can tell you for sure they are credited toward your final cost.
The sales contract says that they are non refundable once you configure due to the work involved with getting your car but it is credited to the cost.

#5 ·
I shared my final numbers somewhere in this thread but good luck finding it with pages and pages and pages of posts. Both count toward your down payment.

#7 ·
Yeah - just simplest seeing it as part of the down payment because that's ultimately exactly what it is (assuming you're financing).

Here is the snippet again and $3,500 is in 4.A. "Order Payment".

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

Reactions: LUXMAN
#26 ·
$3,500 is reflected towards the final cost, but it doesn't feel like its there when you're staring at a $60,000 total cost after taxes and fees.

Reactions: ng0
#28 ·
I don't follow really...? It's a separate line item, or are you just saying the car is more expensive than any of us would have hoped for initially and you barely feel it in there? The $3,500 is basically a wash of sales tax which no one thinks about when talking about the price of a car :)

Reactions: Maevra
#35 ·
yea, I still don't think autopilot should be taxed. Technically they're already charging you for autopilot with the cost of the car, and software updates are usually not taxable. Since you're paying the $5k just to turn on a software feature, there's no reason they need to tax that.

#45 ·
All this talk actually reminded me of what it's like to buy cars at regular dealerships.

A friend was just venting to me that the dealership they bought their SUV from snuck in a maintenance plan they said they didn't want. In the grand scheme of things, I'm thankful the only things we really have to grouse about with buying a Tesla (aside from the wait time!) are the taxes and destination/doc fees.:)

#47 ·
All this talk actually reminded me of what it's like to buy cars at regular dealerships.

A friend was just venting to me that the dealership they bought their SUV from snuck in a maintenance plan they said they didn't want. In the grand scheme of things, I'm thankful the only things we really have to grouse about with buying a Tesla (aside from the wait time!) are the taxes and destination/doc fees.:)
At the risk of veering off topic, I had such a bad experience with Auto Nation / Mercedes Benz that I would never buy a car from them ever again and try my best to sway anyone else from doing so.

I was so upset with what happened I worked hard to get all the way to the CEO of MBUSA and he was willing to help only if I bought another Mercedes Benz.

Good riddance.

Tesla has them all crushed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.