Replacement Sun Visors / options for tall drivers

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey all,

Just got back from the US where I did a 24 hour hire (I live in Aus and won't get one until next year), and the one problem that i had is that as a tall person, the sun visor got in the way of having clear visibility, despite having the seat as low as possible. This was quite annoying, given that I was unable to see the overhead traffic lights unless I craned my neck, and unless the seat was almost all the way forward / steering wheel was in the whole way.

I believe that the guys mentioned as part of one of the original reviews that there may be after-market options, or they thought that they may be coming. Honestly, if Tesla moved the sun visor back about 3-5mm, it would fix the problem, but was just wondering if anyone knew of any other options?

Cheers,

Kieran

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
... and unless the seat was almost all the way forward / steering wheel was in the whole way.
Did you try moving the seat back a lot further instead?

Then you could maybe see the lights through the glass roof. The steering wheel has a telescoping adjustment.

Just throwing darts here.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey garsh,

Tried that, but it just fits perfectly into the space between the front windshield & overhead window.

Are there any other tall people out there that have suffered from the same problem?

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey, i'm 195cm (6-4) and i definitely love the headroom both in the front & back, and the visibility is great as well, i'm just used to a much lower seat than what the M3 was able to do.

How far forward to you have your seat / how bent are you knees? Also, does the sun visor get in the way for your view as well - it's only about .5 inches but if it was just a little more backwards, it would be great / it would help as well. I know I can move it away to the side, but that's really a workaround.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Also, does the sun visor get in the way for your view as well - it's only about .5 inches but if it was just a little more backwards, it would be great / it would help as well. I know I can move it away to the side, but that's really a workaround.
I have my seat as low as it can go and one-two inches from all the way back. I have the front of the seating surface angled up a bit and my knees are comfortably bent. I have the seatback in a somewhat upright position and I love the up and forward visibility. So the visor never seems to be in the way.