Repair, replace or leave alone cracked windshield

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A wayward rock chipped my glass on the freeway. It’s about 1 cm in diameter. Not sure what to do. I think I can live with it as long as there is no safety issue but wanted to get thoughts before I bring it to the glass repair folks to see if it can be repaired. The glass is tinted so if I have it replaced, I’ll have to retint.

18619436-527f-40dc-965e-df12df0a6995-jpeg.16400
282f2958-2f02-4029-9199-68052f7405f2-jpeg.16401

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
shops here (OR/WA) can not seal a chip located within the wipers sweep, but have to replace the glass (state vehicle regulations), but is covered without deductible by insurance (again, state regulated).
so what are the related laws in Cal?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
shops here (OR/WA) can not seal a chip located within the wipers sweep, but have to replace the glass (state vehicle regulations), but is covered without deductible by insurance (again, state regulated).
so what are the related laws in Cal?
This is what I found : "26710. It is unlawful to operate any motor vehicle upon a highway when the windshield or rear window is in such a defective condition as to impair the driver’s vision either to the front or rear."

It seems very subjective and I've had chips within the wiper sweep repaired before and have passed inspection.