Reminder to Tesla owners in Florida...

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

slacker775

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interestingly, being on the gulf coast here, it was actually beneficial to not need gas. Gas stations were going dry as early as Thursday, but I didn’t have to worry about it at all. Even if the storm was leaning towards coming across the state or something, we wouldn’t have wound up losing power until Today or tomorrow depending on its pace, so I’d be able to charge all the up until the power cut out.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like the storm missed us here in South Florida, but we are prepared for a wobble none the less. That said, I only charged up each night to 90%. I feared charging to 100%, getting stuck at home, and having the car sit at too high of a state of charge for days on end.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like the storm missed us here in South Florida, but we are prepared for a wobble none the less. That said, I only charged up each night to 90%. I feared charging to 100%, getting stuck at home, and having the car sit at too high of a state of charge for days on end.
A founders-series powerwall sure would come in handy in that situation, wouldn't it. ;)

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3 is right on with his plan. Many of us charged 2-3 days ago and the storm has barely moved. 100% wouldn't be good. Some Tesla owners I spoke with went to 90% unless they were leaving town.

Yeah a Powerwall would be good but years ago I added a whole home generator so can charge after the storm if needed. However charging pulling 48A is something I hadn't considered years ago, so a little juggling of loads may be needed.