Registering for florida Hov sticker

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Im not sure where to post this so moderators feel free to move it.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/83027.pdf

I am trying to register for my hov stickers in Florida this is the form they have (for free hov access our only perk).

I am not seeing who to make out the check to or where to mail it?

I assume Florida Department of Motor vehicles?

I also assume my local DMV? i went through menus for 15 minutes and never got a person when I called
850 617 2000

anyone do this?

Thanks,

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have opted to not do it as I don’t want a sticker on my car and don’t frequent I-95. I wish I could help!

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ahh I was doing it for i-4 express lanes also (read it was a requirement) I dont want to pay variable tolls! I might have to go to the dmv when its slow ugh

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so just to bump this up this is a sticker now to be placed on your window in the back right-hand corner, it's not on the car anymore they changed it.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have opted to not do it as I don’t want a sticker on my car and don’t frequent I-95. I wish I could help!
It also gives you free tolls on I95 express lanes in Miami. Its a separate form that you fill out after you get the HOV sticker.
If you ever go to Miami (Heat, Marlins, Airport) and the 2 express lanes are even $5, they are then free.
https://www.1800234ride.com/commute...tion/95express/95-express-hybrid-registration

But I agree, it does not look good on the car.

I just picked one up, 30 min wait at local office

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yeah I filled out the form i even got the local lady to do it for the i-4 express lanes here, I have a feeling it wont matter though they are behind :)

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yeah I filled out the form i even got the local lady to do it for the i-4 express lanes here, I have a feeling it wont matter though they are behind :)
I visit Orlando a few times per year. Didn't know it covers I4 express. What else do I need to do besides the Dade/Broward form?

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the lady at my local office said there is a form there but not online until the i-4 express starts but since i was nice to her she can just copy and paste my info in this form ( i imagine its the same/similar form that miami/dade uses) there is no i-4 express yet its supposed to happen "soon" though

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
looks like they have some going in the northeast too if its a form I'm going to fill it out too it says also under construction. considering this is the only benefit I know of for EV's in Florida why not right?

http://floridaexpresslanes.com/

the thing that bothered me was Tesla did a 1-year registration so my HOV sticker is only good until this one expires it was also kind of a pain for the $ I haven't used it yet. I-4, on the other hand, I will do it all the time they need a redesign for sure.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It also gives you free tolls on I95 express lanes in Miami. Its a separate form that you fill out after you get the HOV sticker.
If you ever go to Miami (Heat, Marlins, Airport) and the 2 express lanes are even $5, they are then free.
https://www.1800234ride.com/commute...tion/95express/95-express-hybrid-registration

But I agree, it does not look good on the car.

I just picked one up, 30 min wait at local office
I’m in Coral Springs and very rarely go to Miami. I try to avoid it like the plague ;)

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I try to avoid Miami also, but it would have been useful the few times I hit up del rey Jupiter or Stuart (Stuart maybe not) I saw everyone using it one time when I had my ice I thought it was worth getting. With i-4 being what it was I thought it was worth it I also thought the lane would be open by now I have seen it before.

twm01

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know of a map that shows all the HOV lanes in FL (that this would be valid for)?