Question Register

• JOIN @TREVP AND SOME T.O.O. CREW FOR THE FIRST EVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT AT BASECAMP MIAMI!
    THE LARGEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT ON THE EAST COAST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8th!
    Full details and RSVP here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I recently rented a TesLa from a rental company. I was attempting to use the tesla app but was dismayed when realizing it was only for tesla owners. I made a business card and took pictures of my drivers license and the registration. 3 days later I received an email stating that the car is now under my name. Is this correct? How did TesLa register it to me and now am I the registered owner? The rental car company never called me and it's over 2 months overdue. What is happening? Helpa

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Talk to your rental company. A manufacturer can't reassign a title once it has left their hands.

But I'd have to call you a PITA for going through a app registration process for a car that you don't own.

It's quite possible that the rental car agency has some clauses that is going to make the rental obnoxiously high, or maybe turn you in for vehicle theft.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I recently rented a TesLa from a rental company. I was attempting to use the tesla app but was dismayed when realizing it was only for tesla owners. I made a business card and took pictures of my drivers license and the registration. 3 days later I received an email stating that the car is now under my name. Is this correct? How did TesLa register it to me and now am I the registered owner? The rental car company never called me and it's over 2 months overdue. What is happening? Helpa
Login to the Tesla site on a computer and choose the vehicle. Then choose view detail and scroll to the bottom. There will be an option to remove the vehicle from your account. This was likely a human error as the Tesla tech should not have added the vehicle to your account since you were not the registered owner.

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Login to the Tesla site on a computer and choose the vehicle. Then choose view detail and scroll to the bottom. There will be an option to remove the vehicle from your account. This was likely a human error as the Tesla tech should not have added the vehicle to your account since you were not the registered owner.
Ok. Thank you. I wasnt sure because thought it was going to be just a temporary fix for my woes and not actually TRANSFER OWNERSHIP!! I'll let you know the outcome!!