Refunds for model 3

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan F

Country
Country
Has anybody else had trouble getting a refund on a reservation for a model 3 ?
I processed my refund request online March 18th. (It's now April 18th as I write this)
I was told I would get a confirmation email and that actual refund would take 2-3 weeks.
I asked them to send me a check rather than credit the original card since I no longer have that card. They said they can't due to federal laws against money laundering. (BS). March 28th I sent an email to Tesla since I had still not received a confirmation email.
April 8th I sent them another email since I still have not received any response.
April 18th send more emails and called them. Still have never received any responses and "Manuel" from Telsa is looking for the $1000 they have misplaced.
I think poor Manuel is the only employee they have handling orders, reservations and refunds.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@Alan F , sorry to read that, for you mainly...

While AWD has indeed now been quoted as delayed 6-9 months, one can reasonably expect production to begin early 2018, which I would have not characterised as 'nowhere in sight'... But, hey, it's a free country (to-date...;)) so if you decided you could not wait any longer, so be it...
Just hope you don't come to regret it when you see the car on a nearby driveway...

As for the refund, I had not problem after I had cancelled my initial reservation (hadn't properly secured my in-house CEO no exception... :( Yet managed to do soon thereafter so was back on again one week later... :D). Granted, they did credit my Visa within the planned 3 weeks so unfortunately can't comment on your specific situation with a card that does not exist any longer in the meantime... :confused:

Good luck. So what is your EV Plan B, in New York, or in Greenwich?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.