Recommendation Lowering Springs Install NJ

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Scubastevo80

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looking for recommendations for lowering spring install and alignment in the north NJ area, preferably someone with Tesla experience. Anyone have a guy? If anyone's done a garage install and would be willing to lend a hand, that would be appreciated as well.

Country
Country
Interested in the responses. Unless I find an alternative soon, I was planning to use Redline Speed Worx in Green Brook Township, NJ once my MPP coilovers come in (still waiting on AWD pre-order).

I have spoken with them, and they claim to have already installed several sets of springs on Model 3’s.

I heard of them originally from my GTI days wheee they were highly recommended by the VAG guys.

Scubastevo80

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Interested in the responses. Unless I find an alternative soon, I was planning to use Redline Speed Worx in Green Brook Township, NJ once my MPP coilovers come in (still waiting on AWD pre-order).

I have spoken with them, and they claim to have already installed several sets of springs on Model 3’s.

I heard of them originally from my GTI days wheee they were highly recommended by the VAG guys.
capn - did your coilovers come in? Did you get them installed yet? Keep me posted if you end up using Redline for your install.

Scubastevo80

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not yet, still waiting on delivery. I will let you know when I have something scheduled.
For anyone in the area who cares - here's a quick update on my springs, which continue to sit in my garage... I reached out to 4 places in NJ recommended on other forums that typically do work on BMWs, Porsches, Audis, etc and here are the results.

Redline Speed Worx - $700 for the install and $180 for alignment, plus tax
Eurotech Motorsports - haven't installed springs on a Model 3, would look into it and get back to me - never did.
Drive Auto Works - no response
ACM - no response

So the moral of the story is I'm probably going to end up buying the tools I'm missing and doing it myself. If anyone wants to help, there's coffee/beer/food involved, and I'd certainly be willing to help with an install on the other party's car as well.

Country
Country
Sorry I haven't updated the thread. I went with Labworx Development in Cherry Hill. Based on your location, that might be a little out of the way.

They have been a great shop to work with, and I will be heading back in next week for some adjustments and an alignment.

Pricing was better than RSW, but not by a huge amount. Ultimately, they are closer to me, and I can get there for any additional work easier than RSW. At the end of the day, if I had a lift to work with, I think the install is pretty straight forward. I would not want to work on the car with just jacks though, so I am happy with the shop.

As for the outcome, I am very pleased with the MPP Sport/Comfort hybrid I decided to order. Sport dampers so I have Stainless construction (for wether resistance) and adjustability but with the Comfort springs. Best of both worlds. The adjustability, and resulting performance and road feel is really good. I was concerned when I first went for a spin as the ride was more firm than I expected. I had set the dampers to where I wanted them prior to install, but I didn't realize the shop adjusted them back to the recommended settings from MPP during install. When I made the adjustments to the dampers again at home, the comfort level went back to very close to stock, but still remained planted better. The adjustable range is significant, and it will be fun to play around if I can find a good track day opportunity.

Pictures will come next week, I have some final rear height adjustments to make first.

Scubastevo80

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for the feedback - my parents are down by Cherry Hill, so I could work something out during a day trip perhaps. While I wanted the MPP coilovers, they're not in my budget at this time. Looking forward to the pics.

Scubastevo80

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Scubastevo80 So ever get those springs installed which ones are they?

Thought I would never look at springs again since my 2005 5cion TC, but here we are.... Top of my list would be the UP Mild's

https://unpluggedperformance.com/product/model-3-dual-rate-lowering-springs/
They’re sitting in storage (see the little red crate) but I hope to install them once it warms up. We’re in the process of selling our house so that’s taking my focus unfortunately. I got the T sportlines since I was reading some people had issues with the UPs making noise.

Attachments

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So not exactly local, but just happened to get a quote from the well known Tesla experts over at Electrified Garage in southeast NH.

" We charge $399 for installing springs. $225 for the alignment. "

Anyways, if I do go with springs down the road I just might consider this shop for their expertise alone and make it a little road trip while I'm at it. :cool:

https://electrifiedgarage.com/

Scubastevo80

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So not exactly local, but just happened to get a quote from the well known Tesla experts over at Electrified Garage in southeast NH.

" We charge $399 for installing springs. $225 for the alignment. "

Anyways, if I do go with springs down the road I just might consider this shop for their expertise alone and make it a little road trip while I'm at it. :cool:

https://electrifiedgarage.com/
Are you sure you're not just hoping to see Uncle Rich at the stop working on his DIY Cyberquad?

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Got another lead for north Jersey folks....

Felix Lin is the owner of Always Clean Detailing in Fair Lawn and a member of a few of our local FB groups. They are primarily a full service detail shop (PPF/Tint/Ceramic Coatings/Chrome Deletes), but now venturing into spring installs.

Specifically they have been dealing with Eibach springs and I was given a price of $750 INCLUDING the Pro Kit Springs and install. Not sure if the'll install other kits or coilovers, but I don't see why not. Company link below or you can find them on Facebook with a few spring install posts recently.

https://www.alwayscleancars.com/

https://www.facebook.com/alwayscleancars

rlb4

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
A member on another forum as well as the NJ Facebook group had T-Sportline springs installed at Drive Auto Works for $450.
If Always Clean Detailing is $750 for both the Eibach springs and install that works out to $425 for the install. Eibach springs are $324.
Another member had Eibach springs installed at Redline Speed Worx and was happy. $700 for install and $180 for alignment seems very high.
Firestone and Pep Boys both use Hunter HawkEye Elite alignment as per another thread here.
AZP Installs uses the HawkEye Elite Pro and according to their website http://azpinstalls.com/web/index.php/services/maintenance/suspension charge $125 for alignment and $100 if they install your springs. Spring install is listed at $265. They get great reviews and are big with Subaru.