Rear Windshield Tint

Keith023

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Does anyone have pictures of different tint levels applied to the rear windshield? I've seen people say they should be tinted less than the side windshields but I haven't seen anybody apply a 35% or 45% to the back windshield to compare. I am thinking of doing 35% all around (llumar stratos) and potentially lighter on the rear glass due to the factory tint but it's hard to judge what would work well.

scottismyname

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The rear windshield is one piece, so it's going to look different at the point where it changes regardless. IMO it's best to get it tinted in one piece. I chose to do 35% on all windows, and 65% on the windshield and panoramic sunroof. I went with the Spectra Photosync which was expensive, but the results are fantastic. I can post pictures later when I get a chance if you're interested.

Keith023

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Yeah, I am looking for one piece. I would love to see what it looks like 35% all around and 65% on the front windshield. How is the rear visibility with 35% applied on the back windshield?

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone have pictures of different tint levels applied to the rear windshield? I've seen people say they should be tinted less than the side windshields but I haven't seen anybody apply a 35% or 45% to the back windshield to compare. I am thinking of doing 35% all around (llumar stratos) and potentially lighter on the rear glass due to the factory tint but it's hard to judge what would work well.
There’s quite a few posts with pictures in these threads I believe.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/learn-from-my-tinting-mistake.6009/

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-model-3-today.6072/

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country