Question Rear Glass TInt

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

GearWrench

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had my Rear Glass tint but the tinter said the defrost line moved it was suntek ceramic Tesla won't warranty it I am at lost what to do I am waiting for the detailer he told me Suntek is talking to there lawyers
IMG_20200425_085917.jpg

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had my Rear Glass tint but the tinter said the defrost line moved it was suntek ceramic Tesla won't warranty it I am at lost what to do I am waiting for the detailer he told me Suntek is talking to there lawyers View attachment 33918

I just had the same thing happen to my window.

I had tint put on the back window and there were bubbles in it. My tinter said that he could take care of it.

After taking care of it.....there were NO more bubbles, however I now had broken defrost lines.

20200416_131009.jpg

As you already know...there is no repair process for broken lines. It requires all new glass.

Tesla installed all new rear glass this past Wednesday. My tinting place is paying for everything ( 747.25 ). My tint gets re-installed on Monday.

receipt.jpg

Keep in mind that there is more than defrost on that back window.

There are antenna lines....etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had my Rear Glass tint but the tinter said the defrost line moved it was suntek ceramic Tesla won't warranty it I am at lost what to do I am waiting for the detailer he told me Suntek is talking to there lawyers
The place that handled your tint broke it, and they should cover the costs.
If they won't, then you'll probably want to talk to a lawyer yourself.

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Well, today is the day that I 'm supposed to have my tint reinstalled.

I'm actually leaning into not having it done.

That rear window is very important with the antenna and defrost and all. I wish the window configuration was more like the model Y.

Last edited:

Jason@FreshStartDetail

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
I just had the same thing happen to my window.

I had tint put on the back window and there were bubbles in it. My tinter said that he could take care of it.

After taking care of it.....there were NO more bubbles, however I now had broken defrost lines.

View attachment 33921

As you already know...there is no repair process for broken lines. It requires all new glass.

Tesla installed all new rear glass this past Wednesday. My tinting place is paying for everything ( 747.25 ). My tint gets re-installed on Monday.

View attachment 33924

Keep in mind that there is more than defrost on that back window.

There are antenna lines....etc.
LOVE to see companies standing behind their work! Even if the real issue is poor quality defroster lines, that shop has now paid their tuition into that trimester at the school of hard knocks. From now on they'll add a disclaimer to installs on that model, and probably charge a little more. It sucks for the business but its part of doing business.

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
LOVE to see companies standing behind their work! Even if the real issue is poor quality defroster lines, that shop has now paid their tuition into that trimester at the school of hard knocks. From now on they'll add a disclaimer to installs on that model, and probably charge a little more. It sucks for the business but its part of doing business.

I agree with you 1000%.

I just got it back 10 min ago and its perfect.

Indeed it did suck for the business for "This Job", however....since they stood by their product....I won't take my car anywhere else.

They mentioned to me that they will powder and ceramic coat my rims for a phenominal price.

I'm on my way back there next week to get that done.

There is almost NOTHING better than a company that stands behind their work.

Reactions: 1 person

android04

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had 1 defroster line damaged when I got my rear window tinted, but it's a line that has an alternating branch and it doesn't affect my defrosting at all. So I don't worry about it anymore. My heart did sink when I first found it. They're are defroster line repair kits that you can buy from auto parts stores that will fix the lines, but you need to remove the tint to fix them. Or you can carefully cut the tint around the damage and fix the line through the small cut.