Rattling noise on VIN plate

panpanbebe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anybody know if there is a better solutions to get rid of VIN plate noise? I think the VIN plate touch the glasses cause rattling noise, SC fixed it two months ago, but noise came back. The area is pretty tight hard to apply padding into it.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've not heard of this one before. If the SC acknowledged the noise and issue and they've not been successful of fixing it I think I'd give them another chance of at least a followup with them before trying to get in to that area myself. Maybe others out here have had the issue and not mentioned it, but I've not heard of an issue with a rattle in this area before now. I hope it is isolated and you are able to get it resolved soon.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anybody know if there is a better solutions to get rid of VIN plate noise? I think the VIN plate touch the glasses cause rattling noise, SC fixed it two months ago, but noise came back. The area is pretty tight hard to apply padding into it.
I remember somebody else reporting this.
Here it is:
I had a very similar noise that was coming from the driver side dashboard. A crackling noise every time I hit a bump or slightly rough pavement. I went to the SC and the tech took a plastic wedge and bent the VIN plate away from the windshield...took less than 5 minutes for the entire visit and it's now squeak free.

panpanbebe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I still experiencing the rattling noise coming from VIN Plate. it has been service two times, they kept pushing it down, when I drive over 40 miles it keep coming back. anybody has this kind of experience?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I still experiencing the rattling noise coming from VIN Plate. it has been service two times, they kept pushing it down, when I drive over 40 miles it keep coming back. anybody has this kind of experience?
you are the only one I've heard having this issue. If the issue has returned, let your service know.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the same issue . Did you find any solution?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just found something in another thread that might interest you guys with this particular noise. Under the frunk there is an orange tag, it is there for first responders to know where to cut the 12 volt wiring if needed in an emergency. Another user in the thread below says he's tracked that down to a noise he had coming from that side of the car. If you are still experiencing the noise coming from the "VIN plate" area, you might open the frunk and try tucking that tag in just a little (you want it exposed so it can be seen and found) or maybe even tape it down with some clear tape and see if that changes or fixes the noise.

Reference here - https://teslaownersonline.com/threa...2019-24-4-73fb1ab-7-19-2019.13556/post-247081