Radio Issue - FM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So about 2 days ago my local radio stations (not streaming) stopped working for no reason. Anytime I tap on my favorite station(s) I see the spinning circle but it remains that way until I either switch to streaming radio (slacker) or BT streaming from my phone. I've tried resetting the vehicle and it doesn't fix the issue. I have already put in a service request but was wondering if anyone had encountered this before and if they had found a fix. Thank you!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you for the responses. I tried the hard reboot as well and it did not work.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not the radio, but Slacker has had past issues for me where a created station has stopped working to where I've had to recreate it again (and then go through the pain of the thumbs up/thumbs down process of all the songs). Have you tried re-searching for that radio station and selecting it that way instead of tapping on your favorites?

Apologies if this doesn't apply as I don't use the radio so am not familiar with it if it works differently than Slacker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not the radio, but Slacker has had past issues for me where a created station has stopped working to where I've had to recreate it again (and then go through the pain of the thumbs up/thumbs down process of all the songs). Have you tried re-searching for that radio station and selecting it that way instead of tapping on your favorites?

Apologies if this doesn't apply as I don't use the radio so am not familiar with it if it works differently than Slacker
Yes, Ive actually deleted all my favorite radio stations and tried to find them via manual/direct tune and I still have the problem with the never-ending spinning circle of death. Only happens when I hit the RADIO button. Streaming and tune-in work fine. I guess I'll wait for the service truck to come to my home and fix whatever is happening. I'm curious as to what the cause is.

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
My Slacker stopped working 4 days ago and I can’t get it to work. It’ll search and show album covers but no music plays.
Then it displays a sign in screen asking for sign in and password. I put my Tesla sign in information it just sits there and the circle spins. I called Tesla experts they had me do screen resets and full car shutdown. Nothing worked. I’m totally baffled. Slacker provides absolutely no support. There’s also a icon on the screen that says “Use Tesla Account “. It also does nothing. Seems all this happened right after last update.
My Tesla is a 2014 P85D fully loaded.
Any ideas ??

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Slacker stopped working 4 days ago and I can’t get it to work. It’ll search and show album covers but no music plays.
Then it displays a sign in screen asking for sign in and password. I put my Tesla sign in information it just sits there and the circle spins. I called Tesla experts they had me do screen resets and full car shutdown. Nothing worked. I’m totally baffled. Slacker provides absolutely no support. There’s also a icon on the screen that says “Use Tesla Account “. It also does nothing. Seems all this happened right after last update.
My Tesla is a 2014 P85D fully loaded.
Any ideas ??
No idea. Sounds similar to what has happened to me but to my RADIO. Im not sure if this happened after I completed the last update, since I dont use the radio all the time, but I use it enough to notice there was something wrong. I then received a new update and the radio is still broken. As I stated before, Im curious how the TESLA service truck technician is going to fix this. I'll post the outcome here. I dont have the appt until 4 SEPT.

billionaiire

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had a weird rattle / flutter sound coming from rear passenger side. Almost like two metals colliding or someone tapping on glass. It drove me nuts especially on grooved roads.

Tried insulating quite a few things but in vain.

Finally, the mobile ranger opened the rear passenger side panel that touches the glass roof and revealed the location of the FM tuner box that was slightly loose and causing the sound. And fixed it. Hasn’t occurred since.

Point of telling you this is that you may be able to just open the panel yourself (carefully), and see if any wires have gotten disconnected or broken from or to the tuner.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Point of telling you this is that you may be able to just open the panel yourself (carefully), and see if any wires have gotten disconnected or broken from or to the tuner.
At least one of the connections to it is a ribbon cable, if I remember correctly, so definitely need to be careful with it.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had a weird rattle / flutter sound coming from rear passenger side. Almost like two metals colliding or someone tapping on glass. It drove me nuts especially on grooved roads.

Tried insulating quite a few things but in vain.

Finally, the mobile ranger opened the rear passenger side panel that touches the glass roof and revealed the location of the FM tuner box that was slightly loose and causing the sound. And fixed it. Hasn’t occurred since.

I’m trying to figure out how to access the panel. Is it from within the trunk or the interior cabin behind the seat where the glass meets the panel? Thanks!

billionaiire

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m trying to figure out how to access the panel. Is it from within the trunk or the interior cabin behind the seat where the glass meets the panel? Thanks!
Access to the tuner box from inside the cabin - rear passenger side panel. It’s basically right where the rear passenger seat headrest ends. You can also see the antenna embedded into the glass. The panel can be removed with your hand, but be EXTREMELY careful as the other poster said - there may be ribbon cables in there. I don’t want to be reason you end up making things worse!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Access to the tuner box from inside the cabin - rear passenger side panel. It’s basically right where the rear passenger seat headrest ends. You can also see the antenna embedded into the glass. The panel can be removed with your hand, but be EXTREMELY careful as the other poster said - there may be ribbon cables in there. I don’t want to be reason you end up making things worse!
Thank you. I’m just going to take a peek but I’d rather wait for the mobile service to do it, if needed.

E.V.Texan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had the same problem with different stations on Slacker. Sometimes, trying another station for a few moments and then switching back the spinning circle, often restores it.

Overall I don't share the same positive feeling of the system as most folks. I miss Sirius.

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had the same problem with different stations on Slacker. Sometimes, trying another station for a few moments and then switching back the spinning circle, often restores it.

Overall I don't share the same positive feeling of the system as most folks. I miss Sirius.
I have SiriusXM streaming only subscription. It works perfectly streaming from my iPhone with Verizon wireless unlimited data plan. I travel some pretty rural roads and have never lost signal. Try it.