Radio and A/C turn off when door shuts upon entry.

Wes F.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
is this normal?

When I open the door to the car, the radio and A/C automatically turn on (that’s normal). When I get in the seat and close the driver door, they both cut off for 1 second and then start back up. Almost like it’s trying to figure out if I got in or out,

Not normal. I think the way it works is perhaps that it relies on the seat pressure sensor to tell if someone got in the car and keeps the screen and AC on after you climb in and shut the door. If, on the other hand, you decide not to climb in and shut the door, the pressure sensor is not triggered causing the screen to shut down. In your case, it could be a software glitch since it does recognize you eventually and come back on. A call to Tesla support wouldn’t hurt and maybe they can reset it or push the latest firmware to your car in an attempt to fix it. Good luck.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
is this normal?

When I open the door to the car, the radio and A/C automatically turn on (that’s normal). When I get in the seat and close the driver door, they both cut off for 1 second and then start back up. Almost like it’s trying to figure out if I got in or out,
I am sure you have tried but I would recommend a 2 wheel press for reboot. That may reset the system. I haven’t had to do that lately but had to do it a couple times when she was new for some glitches

Country
Country
This happens in mine too. The audio and fans stop for a second, then resume like it wasn't sure if someone entered the car or not. Not sure how long it has been happening. Not a big deal to me really.

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This happens to me and the a/c starts again only after I press the brake pedal. I am kind of light so maybe the seat sensor doesn't detect me

Maxx77

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interesting, I hadn't thought that this might be a seat pressure issue. Mine does this too. I assumed it was just how the car was programmed and they would eventually correct the behavior in a future update. Next time I talk to my service guys I'll ask them to check the sensors.

The work-around is to push the brake pedal down before you close the door.

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The a/c hasn't turned off since the last update. It seems a few minor annoyances have cleared with the 21.9 update