R2D2 has arrived - The MOD Journey

DinosM

Country
Country
Would love to see a pic a little further out to see the contrast between the door handle and the silver color on the entire car. Also, have you considered doing chrome delete around the windows/side mirrors as well?
I can take a picture further back this weekend after R2D2 washing session :)

Don't think I will be rapping the chrome around the windows, probably above my level of expertise and in a way I like the look. What I did not like on the chrome handles was the fingerprints every time someone opened the doors and the carbon fiber rap eliminated that.

I just got the carbon fiber mirror covers, those will go in this weekend and also will be doing the trunk upgraded lighting, currently in my garage when I open the trunk I can barely see anything, additional light is necessary.

rjhoskins

Country
Country
Thanks @DinosM
I have been going back and forth on doing a chrome delete on my silver performance when it arrives in 2 weeks. It's going in for ppf and tint right after getting it, so I'm thinking of having the shop do the chrome delete at the same time. Decisions, decisions......

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks @DinosM
I have been going back and forth on doing a chrome delete on my silver performance when it arrives in 2 weeks. It's going in for ppf and tint right after getting it, so I'm thinking of having the shop do the chrome delete at the same time. Decisions, decisions......
I don’t have silver, but IMHO that is the one color that looks best with the chrome, and the sport wheels. Am I right @Quicksilver ?

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t have silver, but IMHO that is the one color that looks best with the chrome, and the sport wheels. Am I right @Quicksilver ?
Yes sir you are!! The chrome gives it a sparkle and a classy finishing touch. I don’t think it works as well on other colors...maybe white, but definitely works on silver.

DinosM

Country
Country
A few more pieces left including the carbon fiber mirror covers. Unfortunately, I have received them from RPM Tesla and one of them is scratched up. Several emails to them without a reply, pretty disappointing, I will write up a review of their products soon and will escalate to a dispute if I do not hear back from them in the next day or so.