Question: Running out of "gas" Tesla stories? How to prevent...

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed that (and Seattle too). I find that absolutely amazing at this point, especially as compared to CA.
especially since the Woodburn and Centralia are some of the early superchargers. nothing has been added between Portand and Seattle since. Granted, I could get to Seattle (160 miles), but would not be practical to spend a day in Seattle and think I could make it back to Centralia unless I stopped there to top off there on the way up as well.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have also found this helpful video on youtube that outlines some different charging options and costs. After I watched this one I was then shocked at the amount of Tesla "stuff" on youtube!

I saw it on twitter today.
It's amazing how high youtuber production values are getting. This video should be running in a loop in the showroom.
I just wish she also mentioned that you can actually plug in to any regular outlet to charge slowly.

Mr Jwardell and Brokedoc
Thanks for your replies;
I do have half a brain (my kids destroyed the other half Years ago;))
Thank you both for clarifying the rest of the story regarding the parking lot problems of some You Tubers
I see both you two are very regular with helpful info on this site
I want you to know its appreciated :)
Thanks! There is tons of confusion and questions out there, and that's why forums like this are a great place to figure everything out.

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Here in Arizona, it's easy to find an RV park with NEMA 14-15 outlets. Every tiny town and intersection seems to have at least one RV park. :D I have already stopped and asked permission at a KOA campground that is on one of my regular routes. They said no problem charging, $5/hr. Not the most economical, but in a pinch it will work just fine.

Country
Country
if only there were some ;) Portland is on the "by the end of 2017" list but we shall see. So far closest is Centralia (90 miles north) and Woodburn (35 miles south)
Wow, I guess I was planning off of "coming soon!" chargers. I'd love to see Portland and Seattle get more chargers soon. Ever since I moved to Seattle I see about 10 Tesla's a day, and everywhere else I lived in the country i'd see one a few times a year! :) But, I have lived primarily on the east coast.

Country
Country
As I continue to research potential travel routes across the pacific northwest I keep coming across chargers labeled as: CHAdeMO.

From a quick google, I see they have their own charging stations across North America but i'd have to purchase an adapter. Does anyone have experience, or a membership, with these chargers? Are they recommended? Where and how much is an adapter?

Thanks!

Model34mePlease

Country
Country
As I continue to research potential travel routes across the pacific northwest I keep coming across chargers labeled as: CHAdeMO.

From a quick google, I see they have their own charging stations across North America but i'd have to purchase an adapter. Does anyone have experience, or a membership, with these chargers? Are they recommended? Where and how much is an adapter?

Thanks!
shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-s_x-chademo-adapter.html?sku=1036392-10-D

It's not labelled for the M3, but I suspect it will be.

Country
Country
He parked his Tesla in an airport with something like 15 miles left of range in the battery, then came back after weeks to find it dead. Not the brightest tool. This is the same guy who recently sold his Tesla and said the RWD S is super dangerous because it doesn't have traction in the rain because his tires are bald down to the belts. (!!)
If you have half a brain on your shoulders, you have nothing to worry about.
As knowledgeable early adopters we should make every effort to use the correct terminology.
Batteries are inanimate, they cannot be "dead".
They are discharged.
Let's set a good example for the neophytes.

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-s_x-chademo-adapter.html?sku=1036392-10-D

It's not labelled for the M3, but I suspect it will be.
I recently bought one of these and took a trip where I needed to use it, I wrote that up here:
Road Trips and CHAdeMO Charging

The summary is the adapter was expensive, the charging was expensive, and the charge rate was slow. BUT sometimes it's the closest/best option.