Question for California Tesla owners... please read

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

jeffpodraza

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I hope everyone is surviving and staying safe during this time, and hopefully we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

For my California Tesla owners, I am in Santa Clara, and looking to to so Palmdale, CA to stay with a family member for a few days. I have routed out where I need to stop to charge.

My question, has anyone done this during the Shelter in place( or something similar)? If so, what did you do for restrooms? That is the one part of my plan that I see a problem with.

I won't need food or drink, but may need a bathroom.

Thoughts?
Jeff

2017 Model S 75

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Target or grocery stores or even gas stations are your best bet.
IDK - I was picking up an order at my local (WA) target yesterday, first time I'd been inside one since the shutdown, and they had a sign up that the restrooms were closed. Not sure if that was local management, or a Target corporate decision.

I believe all the California I-5 rest stops are still open.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

msjulie

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Alcohol wipes for supercharger handles, anything you need to touch like door knobs, seats in bathrooms?

If you're really worried, folks say the virus can track into a home (and car?) via shoes so plan accordingly?

Reactions: 1 person

SMITTY

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I recently drove from CA to AZ... All gas stations restrooms were closed, obviously restaurants etc all closed... The only place i found was Home Depot at one of my charging stops.

Reactions: 1 person