Question about when car is parked, plugged in and fully charged

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

VoltageDrop

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have noticed through the Tesla app notifications that while the car is fully charged and remains plugged in/not driven it will at some point (seems like every day) again start charging even if the car lost just 1 mile in range from full (likely due to vehicle battery maintenance operations as it is parked?)....

In my Volt I never noticed this even leaving it parked/plugged in for days (I would get the blinking full LED light...(yes this is the way it was in the 2012 Volt when it was fully charged it would blink)....but I never saw it restart charging while it stayed plugged after a full charge was completed

Is this normal activity for the M3? I know a plugged in electric car is a happy electric car (including Tesla) but I find that activity a bit odd......Can you guys/gals chime in please.....

Thanks
VD

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No, it is not normal, but I have had it happen to me too, but only once. Usually, it will allow the car to drop several percent before charging back up.

VoltageDrop

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could it be that when I check the app and it "wakes" the car up.....it will then be like.....well since I am now awake and am down 1 mile.....lets just top it up?