Question about vehicle sales tax (Nevada)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
So I’m happy to report that I’m 3 days from delivery, and I’ve just made my final down payment to Tesla. Oof, that was quite a hit to the pocketbook!

One question though. Tesla says I will just have paid over $4k in taxes on my car. That sounds correct for NV, as our tax rate is 8.1%. However, and this is mainly for my fellow Nevadans, I’ve read that Nevada has a vehicle sales tax cap of $950. So am I overpaying by 3k, or is there something I’m misunderstanding?

Any input much appreciated!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So I’m happy to report that I’m 3 days from delivery, and I’ve just made my final down payment to Tesla. Oof, that was quite a hit to the pocketbook!

One question though. Tesla says I will just have paid over $4k in taxes on my car. That sounds correct for NV, as our tax rate is 8.1%. However, and this is mainly for my fellow Nevadans, I’ve read that Nevada has a vehicle sales tax cap of $950. So am I overpaying by 3k, or is there something I’m misunderstanding?

Any input much appreciated!
just based on a quick google search, I think you are correct. any vehicle sales tax should cap at $950.

LV Acrobat

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I paid something like 4k in sales tax in NV. No mention of any caps. Maybe that only applies to dealers?