Quad Cities and Surrounding Area

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wow, the blackout plates look gorgeous on your car! You can even get away with leaving the white border visible on your plates. Do you plan to do any more mods on your Tesla?
Thanks! I do like the white border on the front plate, but I think I’ll see about one of those plates you linked for the back. Not really planning on any other mods at this time, but I always seem to go back and forth on wanting tint lol.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Oh nice! I ordered mine just last month and they were delivered in just 2 weeks. I guess it’s just certain counties that are backed up?
I can’t wait to see the blackout plates on your white model 3, it’s going to look amazing!
In case you haven't noticed, the blackout plates come with a white border, so if anyone is interested in blacking out the white border, I recommend this plate frame that I got from Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/713810896/tesla-car-design-model-3-s-x-license
Ordered this one!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/703945...ck-license?ref=shop_home_active_4&pro=1&frs=1 (pic below)
I don’t mind chrome and never thought to do a chrome delete, but the chrome around this blackout plate looks out of place. Thank you once more for the link!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The time has come for me to reveal an important project I’ve been working on for a while and I feel it’s finally ready for the world. My procrastination has more to do with actually finding time to work on it rather than having the time and not doing so. I also have to blame a bit of perfectionism too as I kept tinkering with it. But I want to back up a bit to start off this post...

When I first approached @TrevP with the question of “can I start a Quad City thread?” he was very supportive and helpful. One thing he said that stuck with me was a suggestion of moving away from the actual Tesla logo, which I’d lazily just taken (ok, stolen) the Tesla “T” and placed a Q and C on either side and called it good. I was quite happy with myself at the time and even had some cards and window clings made! 😂 Trevor mentioned the possibility of Tesla and/or the official Owners Clubs taking issue with my use of the logo that looked very much like the official Owners Club logos... similarly to how they thought the site change from Model 3 Owners Club to Tesla Global Owners Club could lead to confusion, prompting the change to Tesla Owners Online that we know and love today. I mean, look... Trev wasn’t wrong! My old logo side by side with an Official Owners Club logo.

Even though our conversation was some time ago (to the point I bet he thinks I just said screw it and was going to keep my plagiarized logo!) , I really have been working hard to come up with ideas and inspiration for a logo that really speaks to the local culture and emphasizes the area and what makes it unique... I wanted it to have all the details of the Quad Cities AND Tesla!

It‘s with great pride that with this post I am revealing the new logo for Tesla Quad Cities!
d0133a8f-b07c-4205-a7cd-08d10b480e47-png.29623

Please allow me to speak to the details!

First and foremost, the central piece of this logo is the bridge. There is a brand new bridge currently under construction to replace an existing, very old I74 bridge, or just “the 74” (as a lot of us call it). Once completed, the new bridge will be one of the most iconic and recognizable images in the Quad Cities as it’s centrally located and connects Iowa to Illinois right in the heart of Moline, IL. and pretty close to the border of Davenport and Bettendorf, IA. (It’s also going to have an amazing arch appearance!). The new bridge will have 4 lanes of traffic in each direction and include a pedestrian/bike lane complete with elevators/stairs on each side of the river that will end up connecting walk/bike river pathways in each state. It’s a massive upgrade from the 2 narrow lanes each way that we currently have! More details on this new bridge, including live webcams of its‘ current status can be found here if you’re interested. Can’t wait for it to be completed because right now things are kind of a mess, though I feel the cities have done a great job at planning ahead for the construction.

If it isn’t clear (and I really hope that it is) the bridge becomes the top portion of the T in Tesla Quad Cities. The Q and the C, for “Quad” and “Cities“ respectively, remain as is from my previous logo. I resized them and cleaned them up but I felt they work well here.

The lower portion of the T is the last remaining nod to the actual Tesla ”T” logo that I decided to keep and hint at while also making it unique. The top of it has a wave feature to it which is a nod to the local Quad Cities Chamber and the Visit Quad Cities groups which both do amazing work at promoting the area. The wave can be seen in variation within their logos and, to me, is a reference to the Mississippi River and how it’s central to the Quad Cities now, and historically what the area was built up around in the first place!

Along that same line of thought, the wave runs under the bridge like a river and leads to the lower portion of the ”T” in my new logo actually becoming the Mississippi River itself. I wanted it to flow like water through the middle of the logo much like the actual river runs through the middle of the Quad Cities defining the state borders of Iowa and Illinois. The QC area is known for the “bend” in the river which makes the Mississippi run from east to west, the cities in Iowa are all to the north and the cities in Illinois to the south. Several local business play on this bend in the river with their names, one example being Bent River Brewing along with their catchphrase “Get Bent!” They make some decent craft beers!🍺

I decided to include the states of Iowa and Illinois in silhouette form because I feel that visual is the quickest explainer of where we are located to those that might not know. Not just that but each state plays an important roll in the Quad Cities themselves and I like showing them here for that reason.

The five pointed star signifies not just our location, but each point represents one of the five large cities that make up the Quad Cities. The two points in Iowa represent the cities of Davenport and Bettendorf, and the three points in Illinois represent Rock Island, Moline and East Moline. Wait... what was that? Go back.... Yes, you read that correctly... there are 5 main cities in the Quad Cities! The story as I know it (and could need correcting): As the area developed, at first there were three main/growing cities which were known as the Tri-Cities. (Cool sidebar: There was even a professional basketball team called the Tri-City Hawks that eventually moved and ended up as the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks we know today). Well, a fourth city grew larger and prompted the moniker of Quad Cities to be born. This was used for quite some time and people got used to it and liked it. So when a fifth city grew larger and the notion of changing the name to Quint Cities was floated about, people and businesses in the area weren’t having it! One local news station pushed and pushed for Quint Cities, but the name Quad Cities was here to stay! More info on the Quad Cities if you are interested.

As a final nod, the star converges at center where the Rock Island Arsenal is located. This island located in between Iowa and Illinois is a military installation that plays an important part in the local community as one of its largest employers and also an important part in our nations military readiness. It is a source of great local pride and I felt like the use of this shining star, with all of the points converging on The Arsenal, signifies that importance.

Lastly, thank you for taking the time to read this! Please let me know what you think 1) about the logo and 2) about my writing as I’m considering adding more writing to the Tesla Quad Cities website. I enjoy writing but feel I’m too wordy ...would love feedback.
Also, please bare with me as I slowly change over my social media logos and the Tesla Quad Cities website itself to use the new logo.

Here are some variations of the logo. Colors inverted and the logo sans circle and web address. 😃
c3436510-54db-40e6-9530-80215ef689c6-png.29622

6f0a0a4b-e23a-4a63-86c3-7d2930939feb-png.29621

Last edited:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Very nice, congratulations as that is a lot of thought and work. I do hope that others will start to take notice and you can get a good club rolling and good interested people.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@FRC @GDN Thank you both, I appreciate it!

And hope you're right GDN, I know there's interest around here but I just have to find a way to tap it!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

David O.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
The time has come for me to reveal an important project I’ve been working on for a while and I feel it’s finally ready for the world. My procrastination has more to do with actually finding time to work on it rather than having the time and not doing so. I also have to blame a bit of perfectionism too as I kept tinkering with it. But I want to back up a bit to start off this post...

When I first approached @TrevP with the question of “can I start a Quad City thread?” he was very supportive and helpful. One thing he said that stuck with me was a suggestion of moving away from the actual Tesla logo, which I’d lazily just taken (ok, stolen) the Tesla “T” and placed a Q and C on either side and called it good. I was quite happy with myself at the time and even had some cards and window clings made! 😂 Trevor mentioned the possibility of Tesla and/or the official Owners Clubs taking issue with my use of the logo that looked very much like the official Owners Club logos... similarly to how they thought the site change from Model 3 Owners Club to Tesla Global Owners Club could lead to confusion, prompting the change to Tesla Owners Online that we know and love today. I mean, look... Trev wasn’t wrong! My old logo side by side with an Official Owners Club logo.
View attachment 29625 View attachment 29626

Even though our conversation was some time ago (to the point I bet he thinks I just said screw it and was going to keep my plagiarized logo!) , I really have been working hard to come up with ideas and inspiration for a logo that really speaks to the local culture and emphasizes the area and what makes it unique... I wanted it to have all the details of the Quad Cities AND Tesla!

It‘s with great pride that with this post I am revealing the new logo for Tesla Quad Cities!
View attachment 29623

Please allow me to speak to the details!

First and foremost, the central piece of this logo is the bridge. There is a brand new bridge currently under construction to replace an existing, very old I74 bridge, or just “the 74” (as a lot of us call it). Once completed, the new bridge will be one of the most iconic and recognizable images in the Quad Cities as it’s centrally located and connects Iowa to Illinois right in the heart of Moline, IL. and pretty close to the border of Davenport and Bettendorf, IA. (It’s also going to have an amazing arch appearance!). The new bridge will have 4 lanes of traffic in each direction and include a pedestrian/bike lane complete with elevators/stairs on each side of the river that will end up connecting walk/bike river pathways in each state. It’s a massive upgrade from the 2 narrow lanes each way that we currently have! More details on this new bridge, including live webcams of its‘ current status can be found here if you’re interested. Can’t wait for it to be completed because right now things are kind of a mess, though I feel the cities have done a great job at planning ahead for the construction.

If it isn’t clear (and I really hope that it is) the bridge becomes the top portion of the T in Tesla Quad Cities. The Q and the C, for “Quad” and “Cities“ respectively, remain as is from my previous logo. I resized them and cleaned them up but I felt they work well here.

The lower portion of the T is the last remaining nod to the actual Tesla ”T” logo that I decided to keep and hint at while also making it unique. The top of it has a wave feature to it which is a nod to the local Quad Cities Chamber and the Visit Quad Cities groups which both do amazing work at promoting the area. The wave can be seen in variation within their logos and, to me, is a reference to the Mississippi River and how it’s central to the Quad Cities now, and historically what the area was built up around in the first place!

Along that same line of thought, the wave runs under the bridge like a river and leads to the lower portion of the ”T” in my new logo actually becoming the Mississippi River itself. I wanted it to flow like water through the middle of the logo much like the actual river runs through the middle of the Quad Cities defining the state borders of Iowa and Illinois. The QC area is known for the “bend” in the river which makes the Mississippi run from east to west, the cities in Iowa are all to the north and the cities in Illinois to the south. Several local business play on this bend in the river with their names, one example being Bent River Brewing along with their catchphrase “Get Bent!” They make some decent craft beers!🍺

I decided to include the states of Iowa and Illinois in silhouette form because I feel that visual is the quickest explainer of where we are located to those that might not know. Not just that but each state plays an important roll in the Quad Cities themselves and I like showing them here for that reason.

The five pointed star signifies not just our location, but each point represents one of the five large cities that make up the Quad Cities. The two points in Iowa represent the cities of Davenport and Bettendorf, and the three points in Illinois represent Rock Island, Moline and East Moline. Wait... what was that? Go back.... Yes, you read that correctly... there are 5 main cities in the Quad Cities! The story as I know it (and could need correcting): As the area developed, at first there were three main/growing cities which were known as the Tri-Cities. (Cool sidebar: There was even a professional basketball team called the Tri-City Hawks that eventually moved and ended up as the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks we know today). Well, a fourth city grew larger and prompted the moniker of Quad Cities to be born. This was used for quite some time and people got used to it and liked it. So when a fifth city grew larger and the notion of changing the name to Quint Cities was floated about, people and businesses in the area weren’t having it! One local news station pushed and pushed for Quint Cities, but the name Quad Cities was here to stay! More info on the Quad Cities if you are interested.

As a final nod, the star converges at center where the Rock Island Arsenal is located. This island located in between Iowa and Illinois is a military installation that plays an important part in the local community as one of its largest employers and also an important part in our nations military readiness. It is a source of great local pride and I felt like the use of this shining star, with all of the points converging on The Arsenal, signifies that importance.

Lastly, thank you for taking the time to read this! Please let me know what you think 1) about the logo and 2) about my writing as I’m considering adding more writing to the Tesla Quad Cities website. I enjoy writing but feel I’m too wordy ...would love feedback.
Also, please bare with me as I slowly change over my social media logos and the Tesla Quad Cities website itself to use the new logo.

Here are some variations of the logo. Colors inverted and the logo sans circle and web address. 😃
View attachment 29622
View attachment 29621
Looks great

David O.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Well it finally looks like we may be getting a 3. Unfortunately not to May 2020 though. We met up with a QC owner yesterday to see his 3, which we very much appreciated. It was just what my wife needed. We had also been looking at the Chevy Bolt which we took for a test drive today. I personally thought there was no comparison.
We have friends in Ontario that have an S and a 3 but we had never seen the 3 up close. Man that is a beautiful car.
We already have full solar on our house so home charging will be free, we had already installed a 240 volt plugin for our Canada friends (which they have used several times) so we are good to go. I can hardly wait.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Well it finally looks like we may be getting a 3. Unfortunately not to May 2020 though. We met up with a QC owner yesterday to see his 3, which we very much appreciated. It was just what my wife needed. We had also been looking at the Chevy Bolt which we took for a test drive today. I personally thought there was no comparison.
We have friends in Ontario that have an S and a 3 but we had never seen the 3 up close. Man that is a beautiful car.
We already have full solar on our house so home charging will be free, we had already installed a 240 volt plugin for our Canada friends (which they have used several times) so we are good to go. I can hardly wait.
Hi David! Thanks for joining the forum and for sharing your awesome story! That QC owner you met sounds like a great person, must be an amazing human being! 😂😂😂. OK, sorry for kidding around (It totally was me)! It was great to meet you and your wife yesterday and super happy that we were able to connect, eliminating this “problem“ of you and her not having seen a Model 3 before! Now, the only problem with seeing the Model 3 is that you now WANT the Model 3 right away!!! Waiting can be tough! I must say, I’m super jealous of your solar!! What an amazing thing... soon enough you will be driving around on the power of the sun! Some day I hope to you join you in that feat.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions whether before, during, or after you two end up with your own Model 3!
Thanks again for the post here. I appreciate it!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the 3D MaxPider. LINK (amazon). I’m not seeing them on the store I got them before (@EVTuning )

Jst123

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Greetings! New to this group and a likely future Tesla owner.

Still in the research phase and was wondering what Iowa Tesla owners do for service--general maintenance and repairs. Is there anywhere nearby that services Teslas (I'm in Cedar Rapids BTW)? I did see that there is a shop in Clive, IA that is Tesla certified but was wondering if there are any others closer?

If there is a more appropriate forum to post this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

David O.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Does anyone have any experience with getting their 3 or any other electric car out of a ditch. Mainly getting stuck in the snow?
Can the front recovery hook be put and used to pull the car out of a ditch or does it being electric present a whole different set of issues in recovery?
Also does anyone know of a place to be able to attach and recover from the rear. Especially the 3
Since we live in the country there is always the possibility of getting stuck in the winter.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Greetings! New to this group and a likely future Tesla owner.

Still in the research phase and was wondering what Iowa Tesla owners do for service--general maintenance and repairs. Is there anywhere nearby that services Teslas (I'm in Cedar Rapids BTW)? I did see that there is a shop in Clive, IA that is Tesla certified but was wondering if there are any others closer?

If there is a more appropriate forum to post this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum!

I can tell you from first hand experience that most things can be taken care of by Tesla’s Mobile Technicians. They‘ll come to you at whatever address you pick (say if you’re at work and can’t take off, you can schedule it for your work parking lot), and they’ll be there with their service vehicle. Here in the QC, we have an amazing Mobile Tech that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting/working with. He isn’t just an employee but a big fan of the company too, and he’s really a great ambassador of the brand. He came out to our “Tesla Demo Event” back in August at the Davenport Supercharger.

828a361c-1998-4a65-81e5-f1e4f1d4207b-jpeg.29704

In the past, they had our area covered by a Mobile Tech out of Ames or one out of the Chicago area. With the growth of Tesla ownership in the Quad Cities, this area now has its own. So I’m not sure who would cover your area but I’m 100% positive you’d be covered by mobile.

If it’s something too large/major, you’ll have to schedule it with the closest service center. Looks to me like for you that means either Westmont, IL or Minneapolis, MN.

As for body shops, I did a search on Tesla’s website and found there’s three certified near you. Here you can punch in your zip code and see them:
https://www.tesla.com/support/body-shop-support (This is a handy link, I’m going to add it to the original post)

I don’t think it’s “more appropriate“ but I will also point you to the Iowa thread, which has quite a few more responses and might be a thread you’ll want to read/follow/etc. But I certainly don’t mind the post here! I like to be able to answer questions if I can.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/iowa-area.7572/

Also, as you do your research, please let us know if you have any questions.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does anyone have any experience with getting their 3 or any other electric car out of a ditch. Mainly getting stuck in the snow?
Can the front recovery hook be put and used to pull the car out of a ditch or does it being electric present a whole different set of issues in recovery?
Also does anyone know of a place to be able to attach and recover from the rear. Especially the 3
Since we live in the country there is always the possibility of getting stuck in the winter.
I posted your questions into its own thread with hopes that we get some answers. I (luckily) do not have the experience with this to be able to answer! Sorry.
Let’s see what the community can come up with. Link to new thread: LINK