Quad Cities and Surrounding Area

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for writing all of that up! It's amazing to me that your car is a year and a half old, yet looks like... THAT! And. aybe it's just these pictures, but the texture that the pearls provide seems more apparent now, as if I were viewing the car in person. Well done, Kevin!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Friendly reminder that next Thursday, August 22nd, Tesla Westmont will be bringing a fleet of vehicles to the Davenport Supercharger from noon to 5pm!!! More details can be found up thread in this post.

Also on Instagram: LINK
And Twitter: LINK

Come out and join us!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tomorrow!!! It’s here! Please see this post for more details (instead of me typing them all again. I’ll say it saves you from me spamming but the truth is I’m lazy tonight and it saves me typing!) I’ve conjured some voodoo magic at work and will be able to make the entire event! Planning on being up at the Hy-Vee sometime close to noon and will be happy to have any and all that can make it come up and join me! I’ll be sporting a black T-shirt with the Tesla Owners Iowa logo on the front (my current avatar pic) and will be driving my white Model 3, HEAV3N!

I’m excited! Can’t wait 😁👍🏼

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tomorrow!!! It’s here! Please see this post for more details (instead of me typing them all again. I’ll say it saves you from me spamming but the truth is I’m lazy tonight and it saves me typing!) I’ve conjured some voodoo magic at work and will be able to make the entire event! Planning on being up at the Hy-Vee sometime close to noon and will be happy to have any and all that can make it come up and join me! I’ll be sporting a black T-shirt with the Tesla Owners Iowa logo on the front (my current avatar pic) and will be driving my white Model 3, HEAV3N!

I’m excited! Can’t wait 😁👍🏼
You guys have a blast!!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Posting this! Will check for typos tomorrow ...zzzz

So, in classic “me” fashion..I’m sunburnt to a crisp as I didn’t prepare too well for being outside on a day as nice as it was today. Didn’t even give sunblock a thought! I may, in fact, match @MelindaV beautiful multi coat red Model 3 with my skin as I type this!! (The true multi coat being my farmers tan as my black shirt has left a definitive line on my neck and arms!) We had gorgeous weather for our event today! The kind of day you just want to jump into a Tesla that doesn’t belong to you, have someone who’s never driven one take the reins of a Ludacris+ enabled P100D Model X and step on the accelerator like it owed them money (and bacon bits) and a split second later before they can even finish uttering “holy 🤬!!!”, they’re saying “OMG I’m going 100+ MPH! (and we were, and my Tesla grin had pretty clenched teeth at this point!!)

I was surprised and happy as BOTH Tesla Westmont and Tesla Oakbrook sent someone out... and even our amazing local Tesla mobile tech Eric came as well! I’m always grateful when Tesla shows out here because I do believe it offers more chances for locals to see the vehicles who won’t make the trip up to near Chicago to do so.

I also got to meet @silvwarrior for the first time after some back and forth on the forums and social media. So awesome of him to not just stop by but hang out for a majority of the day, talking with potential owners and answering questions. Together, we even watched Phoenix, a very nice looking (and nice) doggy, while the owner took a stealth P3D for a spin.

My buddy Dan was also out with his MSM Model 3...he’s already scored himself the Iowa blackout plates so I hate him! Lol....just kidding! I’ll get mine soon enough! But it was great to have the three Model 3s side by side...we ended up talking to quite a few people looking at OUR cars versus the ones they could actually go drive!

Funny story.... leaving work last week, stopped at a stop light, a woman got out of her car directly in front of me, points, and says something. I had music on and the AC going, so I was like “huh?’ So I fumbled around getting the music paused and the window down and hear her repeat “nice car!!” And see a big smile and thumbs up from her. Heck yeah!! Super nice, right? Well today, in talking with a woman scheduled to drive (er....I mean DEMO) a Model 3, she tells the story about wanting a Tesla and in fact got out of her car and complimented a Model 3 behind her the other day. I said....”was it white?” Haha, we work for the same (rather large) employer!! I thinks she’s going to get a white one as well! 👍🏼 (It was her and I at the stop light if you didn’t catch that 😉)

I did feel bad for the mobile tech, Eric, though... he, almost immediately upon getting there, went above and beyond grabbing his tools and trying to help a Model S owner whose car wasn’t taking a charge at all for some reason. Thank God he was there! Found it to be some sort of odd fault where the car wouldn’t take a charge as strong as the Supercharger so had to have her go to a close by destination charger...weird right? (Note: not a fix but the temp solution to get her where she needed to be). But though Eric was frustrated afterwards (this is a man who loves to fix things and does not like not fixing things, it will bother him!) he was smiling a bit because he’s a big golf fan and the woman...unbeknownst to me...was a professional golfer!

Ok, so enough rambling...here’s some pics! Thanks to those that made it out! Thanks to Tesla for doing it! And thanks to the sun for making me signature red!

Hopefully soon Eric will be driving a better brand of vehicle!!! 😜
9126dbf8-af78-4e2d-8888-c4029013ffad-jpeg.28610

Mine, Dan’s and @silvwarrior Model 3s lined up...our own Tesla dealership!
7a4e31c0-d4f5-4868-b955-7cdf9d6b0c53-jpeg.28609

Eric’s tools visible in front of the Model S. The gentleman in the light blue shirt is going to be an owner soon, I can feel it!
39642a14-a306-4acf-9b59-363db057ea65-jpeg.28608

Last edited:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Come visit fellow EV owners and enthusiasts and see a variety of hybrid and electric vehicles at the Drive Electric Week event in Davenport, Iowa... the first one to ever be held in the Quad Cities!

QC:EV 2019

Sunday, September 15, 2019
Time:
10AM - 2PM
Location: Freight House Farmers Market (421 River Dr., Davenport, IA 52801)

Link to the National Drive Electric Week main website: LINK
Link to the Davenport Iowa event: LINK
And a link to an EVENTS page on Facebook: LINK

As of this post, there are 8 models of vehicles reported as "attending" (three are Teslas) with a reported 320,000+ electric miles driven! I also heard on TMC from another QC Tesla owner that QC MetroLINK (local mass transit) is bringing their all electric bus to show off!
4a9f9e8f-6388-4bc2-a559-924258be9f16-jpeg.28730

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can't wait to meet people, I signed up and will be there. Should be a great event.
I hope you guys have a blast! Still bummed about the timing of it coinciding with my vacation plans and family coming in to town. But looking forward to that too of course.

I believe Dan, who you met last Thursday (with the MSM Model 3) will be going too so you'll know someone (I'm not sure, but don't believe he's on this forum). Also, I believe it was you that brought this event to my attention on TMC so thank you for that!

Nice avatar!!! :)

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
REPOSTING THIS AS A REMINDER! Come visit fellow EV owners and enthusiasts and see a variety of hybrid and electric vehicles at the Drive Electric Week event in Davenport, Iowa... the first one to ever be held in the Quad Cities!

QC:EV 2019

Sunday, September 15, 2019
Time:
10AM - 2PM
Location: Freight House Farmers Market (421 River Dr., Davenport, IA 52801)

Link to the National Drive Electric Week main website: LINK
Link to the Davenport Iowa event: LINK
And a link to an EVENTS page on Facebook: LINK

Also, the Tesla Owners Club Iowa will be out in force, with members attending several nearby Drive Electric Week events! Here is a message from Paul:

“The club is sending members to three NDEW events and I wanted to give one last shout out to you in case you want to participate.
9/14 in Galena, IL
9/15 in Davenport
9/19 in West Des Moines (Valley Junction)

Galena -
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1637

Davenport -
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=2002

WDM -
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1616

RSVP to me and on their website for further details. It will be great opportunities to show off you cars and talk EV's. Hope wo see you there.

Paul Julstrom”

I’ll also point out that there’s an event in Iowa City as well, September 14th. I bet the only reason Paul didn’t mention it is because he’s making the trek to Galena for that event on the same day. Here’s a link to that event: LINK

I won’t be able to make any of these due to scheduling conflicts...sorry all.. but I did want to share some pics from last years event I posted on Instagram.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So happy to finally have some pictures to share from the National Drive Electric week event here in Davenport, Iowa. Hope you don’t mind that I link to instagram here and let you flip through them versus re-uploading them again and hogging @TrevP storage space! 🐷 OINK! ALL YOUR STORAGE ARE BELONG TO US, PAGE!!!! JK! 😂😂😂. OK, enough silliness, on to the pics!

Lots going on here that I could speak/write on, but I’ll focus on a few things that I really liked and enjoyed hearing/reading.

- My friend Dan said he felt like he gave 100 test rides! He really had a great time! I don’t have a shot of it from the Davenport event, but Dan’s “shirt game” was STRONG as he wore a Tesla (the rock band!) shirt that he got when they came through the Quad Cities earlier this year in August. I absolutely love it!
- Dan gave one couple a ride and, once they were done, they walked straight to the Sierra Club booth with their handout (which had a list of all the cars that would be present at this event) and asked “Which one is that car? Please draw a circle around it!” Winner 😍
- Local mass transit company QC Metrolink brought one of their all electric buses!
- The news made it out! I had several coworkers say they were watching the news and were looking for me! Too bad I was out of town :(
- Paul (Tesla Owners Club Iowa founder) had an AMAZING “starman” poster, as seen in one of the images!

That’s all for now, hopefully everyone else enjoyed it to any events you made it out to.

Last edited:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Getting her all dialed in!
-DIY Chrome delete kit
-Midnight silver metallic door handle wrap
-Ceramic coat
-Blacked out vanity license plate and black plate frame
-3m crystalline tint all around
View attachment 29283
That looks amazing! Very nice. What’s the decoded meaning of your plate (if you don’t mind me asking)? Quick google search shows 37 in decimal and 25 in hex... which makes me intrigued.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That looks amazing! Very nice. What’s the decoded meaning of your plate (if you don’t mind me asking)? Quick google search shows 37 in decimal and 25 in hex... which makes me intrigued.
Thanks! The binary code isn’t intended to mean anything as 7 bits is so tiny 😅. I just thought the concept of binary code was perfect for a black and white plate. Sorry I had you intrigued for no reason 😬.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks! The binary code isn’t intended to mean anything as 7 bits is so tiny 😅. I just thought the concept of binary code was perfect for a black and white plate. Sorry I had you intrigued for no reason 😬.
No need to be sorry! You car and plates look flat out amazing! I ordered my black outs in July and am still waiting... but I did hear they were overwhelmed with 13,000 requests almost immediately. Can’t wait to have them. 🤩

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
No need to be sorry! You car and plates look flat out amazing! I ordered my black outs in July and am still waiting... but I did hear they were overwhelmed with 13,000 requests almost immediately. Can’t wait to have them. 🤩
Oh nice! I ordered mine just last month and they were delivered in just 2 weeks. I guess it’s just certain counties that are backed up?
I can’t wait to see the blackout plates on your white model 3, it’s going to look amazing!
In case you haven't noticed, the blackout plates come with a white border, so if anyone is interested in blacking out the white border, I recommend this plate frame that I got from Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/713810896/tesla-car-design-model-3-s-x-license

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Oh nice! I ordered mine just last month and they were delivered in just 2 weeks. I guess it’s just certain counties that are backed up?
I can’t wait to see the blackout plates on your white model 3, it’s going to look amazing!
In case you haven't noticed, the blackout plates come with a white border, so if anyone is interested in blacking out the white border, I recommend this plate frame that I got from Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/713810896/tesla-car-design-model-3-s-x-license
Love the frame! Gonna have to get some for my wife and I. Thanks for the link!

My plate took longer because they didn’t design their system to handle my type of case initially (already own vanities, want to keep the same plate but want it in blackout), so I had to print a form and snail mail it to them. They also told me the incorrect cost when I called and emailed them (never did admit they just didn’t know at first, but that’s ok). So I got my mail back late July, and redid the check for the right amount (after calling and emailing again) and sent it on around 28 July I’d guess. They were definitely ill prepared for the influx, and type of requests they were going to get with these!

On that note, I got home from work and had a letter in the mail, my plates were in!!!
So naturally I dropped everything and ran to get them! 😍😍😍

354a91c9-6c77-4dc6-9ab0-abd200cd915a-jpeg.29332
1c6d911f-3ade-4eaf-899e-0235dbf7261c-jpeg.29333
c399ef70-c8ad-4772-aaa6-b42aaa2ab2ed-jpeg.29334

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Love the frame! Gonna have to get some for my wife and I. Thanks for the link!

My plate took longer because they didn’t design their system to handle my type of case initially (already own vanities, want to keep the same plate but want it in blackout), so I had to print a form and snail mail it to them. They also told me the incorrect cost when I called and emailed them (never did admit they just didn’t know at first, but that’s ok). So I got my mail back late July, and redid the check for the right amount (after calling and emailing again) and sent it on around 28 July I’d guess. They were definitely ill prepared for the influx, and type of requests they were going to get with these!

On that note, I got home from work and had a letter in the mail, my plates were in!!!
So naturally I dropped everything and ran to get them! 😍😍😍

View attachment 29332 View attachment 29333 View attachment 29334
Wow, the blackout plates look gorgeous on your car! You can even get away with leaving the white border visible on your plates. Do you plan to do any more mods on your Tesla?

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks great.
I'm having a hard time finding tint in Central Iowa. Where did you get your tint done?
I went near Westmont, IL to have my tint done. I wanted to find a place that had a lot of experience tinting Teslas, so I didn't even look in Iowa 😂