Q4 numbers are in

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

How many Model 3 will T≡SLA produce in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
For a more affordable alternative mabye Hyundai Ioniq EV, that will get a range increase >320km in 2018.

But I think you're right, overall you will get the better deal with a Model 3, especially if you look at value for money.
I never thought I would say this, yet today I saw a BMW i3 and I surprised myself thinking again that is probably what I’d look at (though preferably the elusive i5... ;)) if Model 3 wasn’t a thing... ;)

Yep, definitely the i3 before the Ioniq, though you’re probably right it’s not a bad car...

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I'm wondering about brand new reservations. Say, for example, a non-owner in New Jersey was around the 200,000th to reserve. Someone in California now makes a new reservation - let's say he's 500,000th. Would the new reservation from California come first?
Similarly for an early reservation from Canada. Would a recent reservation somewhere in the US come first?
Would be curious to know if the stated deadline back in 2016 meant anything.
The $100,000 question... :D
And - let me say it again, sorry friendly owners... - I cannot convince myself that an owner who reserves today could get his car before a non-owner who did it 18 months ago... T≡SLA has got to want to broaden its customer base!
For me the owners’ priority stopped sometime in late 2016, or after the first half million reservations was hit... or something of the sorts...

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
That fits with an earlier theory that I had actually — moving cars east sooner may make sense. Deliveries become the bottleneck and spreading them around can help with that.
Oh yeah... move them east, move them east... across the water... :D

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I never thought I would say this, yet today I saw a BMW i3 and I surprised myself thinking again that is probably what I’d look at (though preferably the elusive i5... ;)) if Model 3 wasn’t a thing... ;)

Yep, definitely the i3 before the Ioniq, though you’re probably right it’s not a bad car...
I think you mean the elusive i8, sports car right? Just saw one as I was driving home 10 minutes ago, very pretty car. If the model 3 wasn't a thing though, even though I like the i3, I think I'd have to go with the Ionic. Well, once they have decent range, nationwide charging stations setup, and basically operate just like Tesla does, so NEVER I guess.....lol.:D

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country

I3..... I5...... M3......

YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP!!!!:speedboat:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I think you mean the elusive i8, sports car right? Just saw one as I was driving home 10 minutes ago, very pretty car. (...)
Nope. The i8 (which I test drove) though sleek looking, is a mere hybrid (which I always equate to heavily watered-down wine... :confused:) and way out of my budget.
(...)If the model 3 wasn't a thing though, even though I like the i3, I think I'd have to go with the Ionic. Well, once they have decent range, nationwide charging stations setup, and basically operate just like Tesla does, so NEVER I guess.....lol.:D
My point exactly. So patience (or lots of non guaranteed €s at this point...) remains my only path for now... ;)

Marcumar

Country
Country

BMW i3 is also number two on my list. Really like the radical design philosophy - built from the ground up to be an electric vehicle. Cool interior, hatchback and innovative material mix. And factory is in my hometown. But >40.000€ for such a small car with low range and efficiency, even with the new battery, is too much.

The back of the Ioniq ist just awful. This beam in the middle destroys the design and the visibility. But for the same price as a base BMW i3 you'll get a fully loaded Ioniq. Bjørn Nyland is a big fan of this car. He's still considering buying one.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Owner priority is only for the first reservation
@SoFlaModel3 has the details elsewhere. What he means is that he placed a new reservation in his father's name (his father owns a Model S). He himself is not a Tesla owner, so his existing reservation does not get "owner priority", but this one might (or might not, given the late date).

VATesla4Me

Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3 has the details elsewhere. What he means is that he placed a new reservation in his father's name (his father owns a Model S). He himself is not a Tesla owner, so his existing reservation does not get "owner priority", but this one might (or might not, given the late date).
Ah that makes more sense - given other thread where person purchase S later 2017 and got invite Jan 4 it would seem like a yes. However let us see as I take almost everything with a certain amount of skepticism especially if posted on the web

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ah that makes more sense - given other thread where person purchase S later 2017 and got invite Jan 4 it would seem like a yes. However let us see as I take almost everything with a certain amount of skepticism especially if posted on the web
Yes, but this is the reverse of that. My dad has had his Model S for 13 months and a Model 3 reservation for 2 days :)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3 has the details elsewhere. (...) He himself is not a Tesla owner, so his existing reservation does not get "owner priority", but this one might (or might not, given the late date).
As much as I’d love @SoFlaModel3 to be happy, there is no way I can imagine that 2nd reservation at this point turning into an order faster than his first one...
Ah that makes more sense - given other thread where person purchase S later 2017 and got invite Jan 4 it would seem like a yes. (...)
That’s the thing you see. In that example, @Dan4116 placed his Model 3 reservation on 4/1/16 (!) so his late owner status just helped him when early reservations are being prioritized... SoFla Model3 just placed that reservation leveraging his dad’s owner status.

Totally different ;)

Good news is, SFM3 will still get his car waaaay be4 me, yet as non-owner due to his early res as soon as most if not all early owner reservations are covered, IMH&SO... (= in my own humble & stubborn opinion :D)

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As much as I’d love @SoFlaModel3 to be happy, there is no way I can imagine that 2nd reservation at this point turning into an order faster than his first one...

That’s the thing you see. In that example, @Dan4116 placed his Model 3 reservation on 4/1/16 (!) so his late owner status just helped him when early reservations are being prioritized... SoFla Model3 just placed that reservation leveraging his dad’s owner status.

Totally different ;)

Good news is, SFM3 will still get his car waaaay be4 me, yet as non-owner due to his early res as soon as most if not all early owner reservations are covered, IMH&SO... (= in my own humble & stubborn opinion :D)
You know I’ll keep you guys posted on this!

EBMCS03

Country
Country
The $100,000 question... :D
And - let me say it again, sorry friendly owners... - I cannot convince myself that an owner who reserves today could get his car before a non-owner who did it 18 months ago... T≡SLA has got to want to broaden its customer base!
For me the owners’ priority stopped sometime in late 2016, or after the first half million reservations was hit... or something of the sorts...
It’s fine. If they keep letting owners pass me up and if BMW converts it’s 3 series to a full electric I can always jump ship. Or if the Mission E come up I’ll just get one of those. Then I will never get to try out the Tesla brand and they will have lost me as a customer now and for the future.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
It’s fine. If they keep letting owners pass me up and if BMW converts it’s 3 series to a full electric I can always jump ship. Or if the Mission E come up I’ll just get one of those. Then I will never get to try out the Tesla brand and they will have lost me as a customer now and for the future.
To each his/her own. As much as I sometimes truly itch at the notion owners may be always be ahead, without any consideration for when they reserved their 3 (though I can relate to the ‘owners made Model 3 possible’ principle...), I don’t foresee ANY sufficiently compelling - and for me affordable - alternative to T≡SLA’s new rEVolutionary car for at least another 2-3 years.

Have driven & enjoyed Beemers for decades yet, unless BMW would really spoof it up, the 3-Series design does seem a bit passé.
As for the Mission E, sure, yet it’ll cost 50-70% more than a non-black LRB/PUP with 19’’ wheels... so... I don’t think so...
And never forget the super effective, ever growing SC network...

EBMCS03

Country
Country
To each his/her own. As much as I sometimes truly itch at the notion owners may be always be ahead, without any consideration for when they reserved their 3 (though I can relate to the ‘owners made Model 3 possible’ principle...), I don’t foresee ANY sufficiently compelling - and for me affordable - alternative to T≡SLA’s new rEVolutionary car for at least another 2-3 years.

Have driven & enjoyed Beemers for decades yet, unless BMW would really spoof it up, the 3-Series design does seem a bit passé.
As for the Mission E, sure, yet it’ll cost 50-70% more than a non-black LRB/PUP with 19’’ wheels... so... I don’t think so...
And never forget the super effective, ever growing SC network...
We will see. You say 2-3 years. But if us non owners keep getting skipped then it’ll be that long till it’s our turn to order.