PSA: California CVRP EV Rebate has been funded for 2017-2018

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So happy this was funded into 2018! Great news for all EV owners in CA who were on the waitlist.

Quick info below, full site info here

CVRP’s rebate waitlist ended on November 21, 2017. Qualified applicants on the rebate waitlist will receive their rebate checks in the timeframes described below.

If you applied for a standard rebate between June 29, 2017 – November 20, 2017: Your application was placed on the rebate waitlist. If your waitlisted application was approved before November 21, your rebate check will be sent within 90 days of November 21, 2017. If your waitlisted application was approved on or after November 21, 2017, your rebate check will be sent within 90 days of your application approval date.

If you applied for an increased rebate between June 29, 2017 – November 20, 2017: Your rebate check will be sent within 90 days of your application approval date.

If you applied November 21, 2017 or after: Normal processing times have resumed

EBMCS03

Country
Country
How many cars is the funding good for? Trying to see if I’ll even remotely get a chance at this $2,500 if I wait for the standard version.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How many cars is the funding good for? Trying to see if I’ll even remotely get a chance at this $2,500 if I wait for the standard version.
Currently CA has allotted $140 million for the fund, so napkin math says 56,000 cars. How many cars have already claimed the rebate though I don't know, as they don't publish that figure (or I can't find it, maybe someone more skilled can).

FWIW, we applied for the rebate in November and got our approval a few weeks later, so now just waiting on the rebate check in the mail. Process seemed to go pretty fast. I'd definitely try and apply for it, as the worst that can happen is they run out of funds for this year and you get put on a waitlist for the next round of funding.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update: We received our $2500 rebate check last week, so I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast stuff has processed. Total time from submission of forms to check receipt was two months.

EBMCS03

Country
Country
So I was browsing the site. Is there two income restrictions?

This is for the person applying.
$150,000 for a single tax filer, $204,000 for a head of household filer, and $300,000 for joint filers.

Then it later asks how many people live at that address and doesn’t matter if they are related or not. Roommate or not, you have to report everyone’s combined income? And this is the confusing part. What’s the limit? no more than $500k for everyone living at that address?