Protecting glass surfaces

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We've had Max since early January and have about 7500 miles on him now. I gave him a good bath yesterday and noticed that I'm getting water spots on the windows and roof surface and try as I might, even with a good glass cleaner (Griot's Garage), I can't get them out! It occurs to me that I should maybe be somehow protecting the glass surfaces with as much care as I protect the paint. At least I need to polish out the water spots. Before I start digging around on the AutoGeek forums (and similar), anyone here have any recommendations or a good resource for glass care? There's LOTS of silica in the water here, unlike most of the country where lime is more common. Lime is pretty easy to deal with, silica not so much.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One of the first things I did right after getting my baby was to hit all of the glass with RainEx. That way the rough glass surface doesn't hold anything because the "holes" are filled in and smoothed out. It has even helped keep the annoying yellow pollen blobs fall off. A very annoying thing here in San Diego those blobs usually need a razor blade to get off of the glass.