Pronouns are important

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i'm being pedantic for the sake of (okay I am a bit pedantic) but when I am in Navigate on AP, I would like the car to say "I will take exit 28 off ramp" instead of the current "now take the exit 28 off ramp" that the car says.

aside from the creepy/cool factor it would give a better indication that the car is going to do this for you, instead of asking you to. I have had a couple of times where I thought the car would take an exit, but it was me to do it.

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You are assuming that the car is a singular entity, it is far from it. The voice comes from "NAVy" and driving comes from "Otto". When they talk to each other (which you can't hear) they will use the correct pronouns. When you hear "NAVy" she's talking to you.

It's the same in my Leaf. There's the lane guidance system that keeps it between the lines, and lane excursion system that warns you when you are crossing the lanes. It's really funny when driving down the road when "Excursion" tells "Guidance" that he's going over the line. They tend to fight all the time, it's truly a front seat/back seat thing.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
okay - "we" insted of "I", my thought is that if the car is going to do it for you, then the voice message should indicate that instead of using the same voice message when the drive needs to do it. In my mind, it is almost a safety issue.