Production Milestones 5,000/wk (7/1/2018)

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Amazing milestone. The first real mass production EV is now on its way to changing the world. Uh Ford has messed up so badly they are no longer going to make cars. The Tesla pickup must cause them nightmares.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited:

slacker775

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Moved to a dedicated thread. This milestone is one to cheer for sure!

Did you see the trolling from Ford’s CEO?

I guess no one told him people won’t want Fords anymore ;)
That Ford tweet made me think of the old Ghandi quote: First thy ignore you, then they make fun of you, then they fight you, then you win. They’ve already ignored and are now attempting to mock. That means it’s time for the fight and then Fords long overdue demise.

Helder

Country
Country
I'm still patiently awaiting the Standard Model to be available, I've received the Order e-mail months ago but cutting $9000 off the price is actually a good thing for me, I can live without the 90 miles of extra range.

My estimator reads 6-9 months for the Standard Battery, I stood in line on March 31st 2016 which feels like a decade ago by now, you guys think because of this important milestone, they'll actually be able to start delivering the standard battery models earlier than that?

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm still patiently awaiting the Standard Model to be available, I've received the Order e-mail months ago but cutting $9000 off the price is actually a good thing for me, I can live without the 90 miles of extra range.

My estimator reads 6-9 months for the Standard Battery, I stood in line on March 31st 2016 which feels like a decade ago by now, you guys think because of this important milestone, they'll actually be able to start delivering the standard battery models earlier than that?
Elon had already stated SR would only be introduced 3-6 months AFTER the 5K milestone.

On top of that with the current conversion/config rate at 85% for the LR I don't see any reason for them to rush to build options which net them less profit.

https://sites.google.com/view/teslamodel3invites/invites/deferrals

PLUS, with the 200K tax credit phase out looming I can only imagine more reservation conversions once the deadline is announced.

EValuatED

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Moved to a dedicated thread. This milestone is one to cheer for sure!

Did you see the trolling from Ford’s CEO?

I guess no one told him people won’t want Fords anymore ;)
Ford ramped up new production lines from scratch and made 7000 EVs with 300+ miles range in 4 hours!!! WOW!!! Oh wait... NO. They didn’t. o_O